Thread: OpenASP

OpenASP

Somebody was telling my on a BB that they needed OpenASP but were unable to find, I searched and found it and saw that it was unfinished and probably wasn't in development any longer since activescripting.org went down. Well, I gave it to him anyways, and figured maybe somebody here had the same problem so I'm posting it. This only works with apache, I've tried some other servers but it doesn't do anything. All you have to do is add one line to the mime settings and you're good to go. Like I said before, it is unfinished, and there are many things missing, but it might be good for someone looking to see what ASP is like, so I hope this helps somebody. BTW the files is only 63kb, so it shouldn't be too hard to d/l, even on dial-up.

OpenASP eh? And it only works for Apache? That's strange indeed. I have been looking for something that does ASP scripting on Apache other than ChiliSoft. I'll try it and see what it's like.

Is this something you ran into or something you developed yourself? And if you found it somewhere else, can you post a link so I can get more information about it?

Thanks

EDIT: ohhhh, it's for Netscape and Apache on Win32 platform, not *NIX. I wonder if there was something for *NIX...

Oh, yeah sorry about not mentioning that. Because ASP itself, only works on windows. Anyways, OpenASP is an old project that seems to have disappeared. The link you'll find will lead you to activescripting.org which is no longer up. That was where the OpenASP project was located. I didn't develop it myself, nah, I'm not that skilled, don't work with apache anyways.

Just released asp.net forums for M$

I am not sure if this matters much, but Windblows just released a forums module for ASP.Net and if I am not mistaken it is open source? Can anyone confirm this?

The ASP.NET Forums Developer Toolkit is a fully functional web based discussion system that demonstrates how extraordinarily simple it is to create powerful, scalable applications for the Microsoft® .NET® platform.

This toolkit requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP (Server or Professional), the Microsoft® .NET® Framework and SQL Server or Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) version 7.0 (or later).
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?