Problems accessing main page

Thread: Problems accessing main page

Problems accessing main page

I was going to post this in oops a bug but I don't think everybody is having this problem, so I posted here instead. I am unable to access the site from home, it is the router right before I reach antionline, and I don't know how to resolve the issue. My ISP will probably say that it isn't their problem, so does anybody have any suggestions besides switching ISPs? I am using a proxy server right now, so it is letting me through but is very slow. Any help?

Uuuhm, AO just got up. It was away for about 10hours. Maybe that's it?
    Bleh.

yep...AO has some downtime occassionally, deal with it...just shows that the site masters care enough to update and clean up the site occasionally.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Oh, lol. Thanks. hadn't any idea because when I did a traceroute, it went through everything but the router right before AO and then it would hit AO and it would show up. So I figured AO was online and a router in the way was blocking my path. I was wrong, sorry for helping me out. Should I leave this thread up for others who might be thinking the same thing or delete it?

Many of us are well-versed with the computing concepts and hands on experience in handling errors and troubleshooting. I can say many of the AOers are overlooking the problem in front of them. Try to get me right. Most of the problems (almost minor ones) we encounter can be solved with ease. At this point... we overlook the problem, ignoring the basic facts and solutions. I feel shame of myself once i came to know that the solution is of that ease. This happens when we think the problem as a problem.

I think my post would not hurt the experts here.

Well.....

I usually surf from a Interner Cafe. The browser says "Cannot find server". As linuxlite performed traceroute.... it is possible for me to do from a cafe.

Please explain me how one can perform a traceroute. Thanx in advance.

(NOTE: WE refers to everybody including me.)
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=138189

The tutorial on traceroute from the Tutorials Index

Thanx powertoad for the URL. Something useful.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.