Thread: Password files

Password files

The question that I want to ask is that when we give password in some identities such as MS-outlook, then where these passwords are stored?, can we get these from that specific file or not? Ans is awaited.....
    vanni narang

Yeah, pretty much their stored somewhere in the same directory in which the specific program is being used. Now, obviously you won't find it in a folder called "UserPasswords" or anything, but it should be there, and not neccissarily in a .pwl format.

But then again, if you go about bruteforcing it doesn't really matter where the password file is stored...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Two things, dude. Firstly, this isn't the right place to post this question.
    And secondly, I think they're stored in various .pwl files. But these files are very likely to be heavily encrypted, so just "getting" the passwords out of them might nor be a very easy thing to do.

WebCarnage, MS's own applications, for example even the default inet dailer saves it in .pwls, right? I thought only other software vendors put their password in files other than .pwl. Isn't .pwl the standard for MS?
    I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!

why do u need it anyway?