Seven things that really work for you....

Thread: Seven things that really work for you....

Seven things that really work for you....

Listed below are seven ideas that really work to help you think more positive. Life is difficult, but there are things you can do to lighten your load. See if some of these don't help.

Teach Yourself A Lesson

This technique is called reframing. You take a bad experience and try to define what it is that you can learn from this experience that will make your life better. It is a way of turning pain to gain.

Interrupt Your Negative Thoughts

Research shows that if you continue to think negatively, you will feel more negative. Interrupting those thoughts and replacing them with positive memories can be extremely helpful in creating more positive energy.

Set Realistic Goals

Positive thinkers have learned how to meet their objectives. They set standards that are neither too high nor too low. They feel a sense of accomplishments when they complete tasks on their daily "to do" list. Realistic goals must be specific and they must be achievable.

Be Good To Yourself

You need to define those things that make you feel good and as often as you can incorporate them into your life. We know that positive reinforcement works. You need to reinforce yourself with the things that you value and enjoy.

Look For The Silver Lining

While it is true that negative things do happen and that there are times, when we seem to be overwhelmed by them, it is important that positive things do, in fact happen. Take time each day to write down or think about positive things that occurred in your day. It could be as simple as looking at a beautiful cloud, or hearing a song that you really enjoy.

Be Glad It's Not Worse

This technique simply put says, while my situation may be bad, it indeed could be worse. An example would be that you break your wrist, but that's better than being paralyzed for the rest of your life from the waist down. While sometimes our situation is as bad as it gets, usually, in most of our situations, we can find things that are worse.

Fake It

Charlie Chaplin once said, "Smile though your heart is breaking." While it is important to get in touch with our feelings, being able to tell a joke, put a smile on our face, or do something that is absurdly pleasurable can help the discomfort of our lives go away.
    Consider whether any of these techniques help you think more positively.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

Old Fart
    # 8 If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit....

This probably would have been more aptly suited for the 'cosmos' forum, but wtf....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Banned
    Really Nice...

Sometimes i get so dull and the flow of negetive thoughtsd makes them worse.

I will try ur advices seriously and be a little bit more hopeful.

A person can think in 3 ways about a happening. Positively, negatively
    or rather ignore it.

When U think to ur future with a positive outlook , everything looks nice to you.

Once a poet said about it. the translation is like this

"The flowers looks to smile at me
    The wind tells some stories to me
    The sun shines bright cheer into my life
    As i look to my life with a new vision"

# 8 If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit....
    Thanx for the Eight rule and suggestion.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

Informative post.It will probably help to utilize this stuff after a stressful day at work/school.Sometimes I get home and can't go to sleep,because all the negative stuff from that day keeps swirling around in my head.It can keep me up 4 hours sometimes.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]