Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Newsletter #5

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

AO Newsletter #5

Hi everyone,

Newsletter #5 hasn't be released due to a real lack of articles. At this point I have 3 (if you include an editorial by me and a SNORT Tutorial by me). Which don't amount to a heck of a lot. I'm willing to extend the deadline to say October 4 if I can get some articles.

I'll admit it! I'm desperate for anything at this point. Pictures of the parade would be great. Please, submit something. The newsletter has the advantage of being able to be printed out nicely and kept for future use. And it can be fun.

So, please... submit something. Letter's to the Editor. Letter's to the Chat Nazi.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hmm...why not run a poll on the most helpful tutorials submitted this month to the tutorial forum and print the top 3? I love good tutorials!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I will do an editorial about the parade cause I am going..

Perhaps GG can write something on the parade too!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

GreekGoddess
    I'll definitely write something....Louie and I are hoping to get a snap of Brad on his tricycle....

Banned
    I will try to compile (well, write) a brief explanation of the Telnet protocol and/or commands. I'm actually not sure what to write, but if anyone would like something specific, let me know.

I would like an article about how to do a security audit on a network.

er0k
    Originally posted here by MrBert
    I would like an article about how to do a security audit on a network.
    find one and submit it then.

So, when is the expected date of #5 release??

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well if I had enough articles I would publish it but when you only have about 4 it is usually an indication that interest was waning. I'll put the 4 I have together and put it up later today but I may put on hold any further issues due to lack of authors
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I've never payed attention to the newsletter for a few reasons. The main one is that I am still kind of new here and I'd like to see what all the forums are about. Can you explain to me what your looking for and for what purpose. If I can help at all, I will.
    Space For Rent.. =]