Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn HSP56 MR...

The Iceman Cometh
    What version of Windows are you running on the computer in question as well as the OS which was on the computer that used to have the modem in it before it was formated? Also, what's the manufacturer of the modem (should be listed on the card or on the CD that came with the modem)? Finally, you say that you installed it into the AMR slot of the computer... was it in the AMR slot on the other computer as well? I'm not certain, but it's possible that, considering the difference of machine, the AMR slots are not compatible.

Oh yeah, one thing you may also want to try is to pull the card out and reinsert it. It's quite possible that it's simply not inserted tightly enough.

AJ

Developer Extraordinar
    I had WinXP Home on the old one. And I have WinXP pro on this one.

It's a
    Model:FB PCTEL
    COMPLIES WITH PART 68,FCC RULES
    REG.NO.:6W*CHN-35*14-M5-E
    Cyber Solutions Corporation
    Made in China
    Yes it was in the ARM slot in the other computer aswell.

Also I've tried that... As I said before, could it be my BIOS?

**An Error in my BIOS?**

The Iceman Cometh
    It's possible that you have to enable the AMR slot in your BIOS, yes. I haven't worked with AMR slots very much, but I know certain BIOS's allow you to turn it on and off (to save IRQs if you don't need it).

Also, have you checked PCTel's web site for a XP Pro driver?

AJ

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah, I have it. I've tried it. But I'm off to bed, and to go to my other computer to fix it. If anyone else can help please do.

I'm out.

Developer Extraordinar
    I Can't get thi! I don't know wha is wrong!!!!

Developer Extraordinar
    I am starting to think that it is the COM port that it is on. It only says I have one Com port (COM1) is installed...What is wrong with my computer, can anyone help me...

Old Fart
    I had modem installation problems on WinXP Pro several months ago (before I got DSL installed) that were related to my com ports. The solution for me (may or may not be the one for you) was to disable my serial ports...once I did that, the modem installed to com 1 and all was well.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Developer Extraordinar
    Ok, how could I go about doing that.

Old Fart
    It's in your BIOS, probably under 'integrated perepherials' if you have that particular settings group.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Computer Forensics
    personally I think modem risers are the shittiest thing invented. Check your bios to see if the slot is enabled, if it is, and it isn't working, check the mobo manual to see if there are any jumpers you need to set, and finally, if that doesn't work, check the mobo manufacturers site for downloads for it. Windows XP certainly doesn't help your situation out any either....

oh and did you check this site ?????

http://www.pctel.com/downloads/drivers_download.htm find your modem there.....and download the drivers....
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust