New reason to sue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New reason to sue...

Question New reason to sue...

I just finished reading this story on the Fox News site... This is one of those it's everyones fault but mine things... Two girls are suing McDonald's because they are overweight... Seems that Ronald made them eat their 6-8 times a week... Now because they are more than 80 lbs. over what the Govt. says is healthy they are suing... Why can't peole just take responsibility for their own actions... I smoke a pack a day maybe I should sue Philip Morris... Wait... that is my doing not Marlboro's...
    Read the full story here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63698,00.html
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

All I gotta say is get liability insurance these days. Thankfully, I don't hear too many crazy lawsuits in Canada, but I'm sure thats because our media ignores them. Some people these days are just so greedy and money hungry they will do anything (including spending thousands of dollars on lawyers to sue and hopefully get all the back + more) and don't care what damage it does. I remember hearing of that old lady who sued McDonalds for I think it was 21 million dollars because she was driving her car and a cup of McDonalds coffee she had between her legs spilled giving her 3rd degree burns. In Canada, that would be thrown out of court (accourding to my Legal Teacher). Or about the complete moron who was driving a brand new motor home down the highway, put it in cruise control, left the wheel, went to the back to make himself some coffee (as his motor home is cruising down the highway at 125 km/hour) and then the motor home hit the ditch and flipped a few times. He then sued the company for not warning him that he couldn't do that. (Then the company actually put it in their manuals). Not only did he sue for an incredible amount of money (I can't remember how much, over 30 million i'm sure) but he also sued for a new motor home!
    As I said before, GET GOOD LIABILITY INSURANCE!
    Just my advice...
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Better be careful, 4M. Somebody might sue you for suggesting we should take personal responsibility for our actions. I smoke Camel straights, BTW, and I have no intention at this point to sue anybody for my habit.

Well, maybe I'll sue the Army some day. I didn't smoke until I enlisted, back in '65. In those days, everybody was sucking on a butt, so I joined the crowd.

Lack of responsibility goes back to Clinton. Why should "we, the people" bear the guilt for our actions when all you heard from him was, "It isn't my fault."

But, I"m pretty right wing, in case you hadn't noticed, so I could be out there in right field again. Maybe it's just the new "American Way." Nobody is responsible for anything nowadays.

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    Nobody is responsible for anything nowadays.
    You are if your McDonalds!

Talking

When we're suing on behalf of children, it's hard to argue that a 6, or 8 or 10-year-old child has to take full responsibility for their decisions when they're lured into McDonald's by the toys and the playground and happy meals and the birthday parties," said attorney John Banzhaf

LOL..It's a conspiracy. Ronald McDonald is working with The Al-Queda. The plan is to make all of America's children big, fat bastards. That way it'll be impossible for them to crawl through caves in Afghanistan, flushing out terrorists...

Keep ya head down, Ronald. After Iraq, it looks like you're next!

Preach on brother Chuck.If you eat nothing but fast food you're gonna get fat.Is that some big news flash that people just figured out?I'm tempted to go get 30-40 extra value meals and chow down right now.If I get a few million dollars from Micky D's I can afford lypo sucktion. While I'm at it I'll find a restaurant that doesn't tell you their coffee's hot and dump it on my lap.Maybe if I can find enough stupid lawsuits,I can pass up Bill Gates on the money.Wish me luck.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

LOL, gg. No, I'm trying to restrain myself from preaching. Once I get started my big mouth ends up getting me smacked. God, the temptation is there, though, to say something.

making people responsible for their actions....wasn't that one of the promises made to us right after he get elected?....maybe that was meant for non-americans only.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I think you're right Ted. But that was to make people responsible, not him.

I can see the headlines now....

AP New York- A source at the Justice Department today confirmed that a federal grad jury handed down five felony indictments against Ronald McDonald today. The indictments alege that the clown entered into a conspiricy with Al-Queda to make americas children fat and lazy...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?