Thread: Zone Alarm update

Zone Alarm update

I just downloaded the latest update for ZA, but now whenever I start up my computer, it wants to connect to the internet (lockup.zonealarm.com or something like that).
    Anyone know how I can stop this?
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

VERSION?

if you have a sniffer turn it on and let zonealarm connect where ever it wants and then check
    what it has sent.(if you don't have a sniffer :www.eeye.com download iris)
    most internet related sofware connect the internet to get updates or changes,also there
    are some features that can be used if you are only connected to a server which provides a sevice for that(whois,hacker tracking,.....)
    some advanced firewalls connect a server to lookup your ip and then they will change it to
    another thing so others can not find you easily.
    another thing you have not mensioned your version of ZA so i can not exactly tell you what is going on or what to do.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never judge a hacker by the color of his hat
    DS:4753 7553 1054 8248 2403 8345 5040

djhuk > Posting a thread tow times is not a good idea !
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235061
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

it is when you're not getting answers in one forum. and at least its not a bloody antipoints topic

Old Fart
    There is a setting that you can change that will stop this for you. I'm sorry that I cannot remember exactly where it is, but I believe it was one of the options in what I recall to be the 'overview' tab that was allowing ZA to automatically check for updates. Hope this helps.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...