View Poll Results: What would happen?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Draft Dodger-in-Chief would win (thanks to 4Midgetmen)

2 16.67%
  • Saddam Insane would win

1 8.33%
  • Dick Cheney would have another heart attack

5 41.67%
  • Both will see how ugly they are and fall in love

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Suggestion: Please Read!

Banned

Serious Suggestion: Please Read!

Okay, I will be honest. I thought this site would be the answer to all my questions, you have a solid background of members in every field and still you fail to provide support. 1. I have a network in my home, and I was going to try performing penetration tests to ensure security. However, I can not ask questions on this task, because it is considered hacking. 2. I am a Virus-Pattern Cloner for an AntiVirus company, but I cannot ask questions on this topic, because I may be an individual looking to perform malicious activities. But I can search the net for a news article that has nothing to do with technology, post it, and never talk about technology on AO my who existance as a member. I will be honest with you, and I wish the few of you I have talked to come out. How many of you have asked a serious legit technical question, and had it wiped out and ignored by polls, news articles, and stupidity? Why is it the senior members that are so godly with information are to busy moderating the members to help someone out with a problem.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO BRING BACK THE FUDIMENTALS BACK INTO ANTIONLINE.COM

Ok, let's see. Everytime I asked a question on AO, I got answers. I've asked about a variety of subjects, even hacking. And, I also know, that the AO members are suspicious about questions about hacking. My advise is, post more. Contribute more. Let people see that you're a "good guy". And i'm certain, that people will help you.

Example:
    I have a site. SickDwarf.com. A few days ago, I asked on IRC if they wanted to test the server on security by trying to "hack" into it. Now, if I asked this on my first day here, the ops would have just kicked me from IRC. But now, they know me, and know the site's actually my site.

So, show people. Then you'll be aight.

Greetz & Respect.
    Bleh.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO BRING BACK THE FUDIMENTALS BACK INTO ANTIONLINE.COM
    I've had no problem getting help from anyone, and I've helped you and others any time that I have the knowledge to advance you in your problem. The thing is, though, you're saying to "bring back" as if you've been here for a long time or something and used to receive better help, but you registered in Sept 2002, which is this month. You have to remember that every single question you ask is not going to be answered by someone thoroughly. If you have a question or a suggestion that you are not getting answered here well enough, then you have to remember that's what you get for not paying any money. This site is free, and the answers are user-contributed based on their time, experience, and if they feel like typing or not at that moment. You can't expect someone to help you, you can only hope they will.

anytime i had a question i got an answer usually within about 15 minutes so i dont know what you are talking about.
    know how to sell your wares. intrinsic quality isnt enough. not everyone bites at substance or looks for inner value. people like to follow the crowd;they go someplace because they see other people do so. uniqueness appeals both to the taste and to the intellect.

Looking at your profile and posting history, I only see that you've asked one question since you registered, and that was concerning cell phone programming. To the best of my knowledge, nobody here programs cell phones, so this probably isn't the best place to get an answer to that question.

All the rest of your posts have either been you responding to other people's questions or you posting a bunch of "polls, news articles, and stupidity" that you seem to be upset about.

My question is, aside from the cell phone question (which is OT for this site), what question have you not received help with?

[EDIT] After some of the posts you've made, I don't think you have any room to be complaining about the content of AO. Between calling members pedophiles, fungating breasts, passing out spicy pics on IRC, and half-mile peters, you haven't exactly presented yourself as somebody to be taken seriously in your 14 posts (counting the deleted one). I agree with GG - if you want to be taken seriously by the more knowledgeable members, you need to start presenting yourself in a serious manner.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

It's true there are a lot of threads here that are not about security and computers. In fact, I think that something like 30% of AO threads are about AO. But it is the price of the success.

For the answers, I have always been at least 2 or 3 for each question.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

My serious questions have always been answered. When I joined, I had questions about firewalls, security, and a couple of other technical issues. Every one was responded to.

I'm practically a techo-idiot and can't ask the difficult questions. What I'm doing is spending time reading the threads about security and related issues, the tutorials and whatever I can find to try to learn, along with books I find.

Banned
    Originally posted here by Jehnny

I've had no problem getting help from anyone, and I've helped you and others any time that I have the knowledge to advance you in your problem. The thing is, though, you're saying to "bring back" as if you've been here for a long time or something and used to receive better help, but you registered in Sept 2002, which is this month. You have to remember that every single question you ask is not going to be answered by someone thoroughly. If you have a question or a suggestion that you are not getting answered here well enough, then you have to remember that's what you get for not paying any money. This site is free, and the answers are user-contributed based on their time, experience, and if they feel like typing or not at that moment. You can't expect someone to help you, you can only hope they will.
    You are so ignorant! Before Antionline blew up, I used to search the downloads. I have been visiting AntiOnlint since 3/3/01.

GreekGoddess
    At any rate, I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who has a signature such as this:

The average length of time of intercourse is four minutes. * The average strokes per minute is thirty-six. * The average length of a peter is six inches. * The average girl has intercourse three times per week. * The average girl gets 216 inches of peter per intercourse. * 3 * 216 equals 618 inches or 54 feet per week. * The average girl has intercourse 50 weeks per year. * 54 feet of peter per week multiplied by 50 equals * 2,700 feet or just a trifle over a half mile of peter. * If you're not getting your half mile of peter each year, why not find the man who will help you catch up?

So what was your Login name before you got banned the last time? This may shed some light on things for us all.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?