Thread: a banned status bug...?

a banned status bug...?

I was checking out NetSyn's profile, when I noticed something, that his status still said AO Addict, instead of banned like most other people who got banned. After checking a bit more, I realized that all his posts are hidden, and his name is on the most recently banned list, but his profile dosent match up with the rest of the site. Just to make sure I wasnt missing anything, I checked out another profiles of someone who was banned to cross check to make sure. Has anyone else noticed this mishap, or is this something going awry on my end possibly?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

The Iceman Cometh
    It's probably due to the fact that he wasn't banned in the sense that most others were banned. He was banned directly by JP, disregarding his member and AP status. If you e-mail JP to let him know he can update the profile directly or update the system so that if/when he bans someone, it automatically updates their profile.

AJ

avdven > actually he was banned the same way Joey Batch File was, but Joey's profile shows him as banned. They were both banned by JP, but NetSyn's profile didnt change.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I am somewhat lost here, who do some users get banned from other users and some from JP himself?
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

lekt0r > Some members banned for their high number of negative APs, some members banned by JP because of abusing AP system and some banned for posting something rude.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

er0k
    bleh they arent banned because of the high number of ap, some ppl get banned that HAVE a high number, not because they DO. other reasons apply, for example the alliance bs thats been going down. lektor to answer your question, if you lose enough points you are banned, if you piss off jp bad enough you are banned. if you arent an ass and help the community u arent banned.

Thanks guys.. this cleared alot of things up for me.I just hope that I help this place out and not get banned.
    [glowpurple]A_420_hacker_24::.\"A man without a computer is just a man, a man with a computer is a Admin\" ... \"If its not 4:20 on your clock, it\'s time to change the time\"..:Quotations from Larry Wall:.
    \"I think you didn\'t get a reply because you used the terms \"correct\" and \"proper\", neither of which has much meaning in Perl culture. :-) \"
    [/glowpurple]

Than erOk, nice advice. It seems many of the seniors ac1d, R_A_, etc. get banned accusing of alliance and abusing APs. By reading the above posts, it is clear that JP has banned them.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210 ۯ

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

Ah, ok. Crystal clear to me now. Thank you.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

It's getting hard to keep up with who was banned and why nowadays Maybe a little info within profiles, a short 'banned' reason (if manually banned...)?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency