Firewall question

Thread: Firewall question

Question Firewall question

I have now finnaly set up my firewall but i can't send files with msn messenger so I was wondering does anyone know wich port the messenger uses for file sendings? And how I'm supposed to set this up? It may or may not be relevant that I'm runnig Osx. I've tried an google seaerch but probably had the wrong search opptions or something because i didn't come upp with any information I hope this is in the right forum.

Thanks beforehand
    Life Is Taking The Risk Of Enjoying IT!
    \"Java (ME)\"

Yes, you can visit www.pcflank.com and in the list to your left you will see a link for firewall rulesets, just click it and you may search for things like MSN messanger excetra.. they will tell you all the ports and protocols to use.

EDIT: http://www.pcflank.com/fw_rules_for_app.htm?appid=87
    test

Also while you are trying to send a file do a "netstat" command and see which posrts is used with msn messenger ( somehow difficult but may help )

cheers
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks!

Now i have the port number but the program I'm using (brickwall for MacosX) Wont lett me add a filter so I must write the code in unix, and I have know Idea how this is done so if anyone can point me to a good tutorial on the subject that dosen't need alot of basic knoledge I'd be grateful. Better yt if someone could answer with the information :P hey you can't have anything if you don't asků lol
    Life Is Taking The Risk Of Enjoying IT!
    \"Java (ME)\"