Administrator - Not Responding?

View Poll Results: Is this something you'd like to be involved in?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah sounds good.

21 84.00%
  • No I need all my cpu cycles.

1 4.00%
  • What the hell\'s a distributed computing team?

3 12.00%

Thread: Administrator - Not Responding?

Question Administrator - Not Responding?

A very good friend of mine who registered with Antionline on 08-11-2002, has never recieved his confirmation letter from the Administrator yet. I have on two occasions sent him a letter asking for his attention to this matter only to be ignored. I know that I am not anyone "special" and I am still learning the security end of network administration, but my friend has recieved rewards in the field, has completed college, and he is gainfully employed in computer administration and security. He and I have opened up an independent ISP business in our nations midwest, and brought fiber optics and the basics of internet infrastructure to this rural area that has been ignored by all the large companies we all know so well.

In short, my friends, "DarkeMaster's" additions to this community can do no harm to AO's existance except to enhance the quality and professionalism most of us would like to see here.
    I ask for your opinions on this matter, publicly in hopes for a fair responce, If I am out of line on this then let the chips fall where they will, I am not maddened over this, just a bit saddened that he, of all applicants since that date, has not been accepted.

Please post your opinions.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?
    Share on Google+

aellison i dont think its on purpose maybe there was a small glitch in the ststem or the site went down or something like that tell him to try re-registering
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/
    Share on Google+

The system won't let him re-register using his chosen name "DarkeMaster" this name is quite special to the both of us as he/we have used this since the early 1980's.

PS. I don't think this is "on purpose" either.
    Share on Google+

PS.I dont think this is "on purpose" either
    well why did u post a poll lolj/k calm down aellison

i cant seem to find a profile for DarkesMaster even when new members accounts are waiting to be activated by the automated email from AO they have profiles seems like a bit of a bug did he try emailing JP ?

[EDIT] he does have a profile its under DarkeMaster not DarkesMaster cheers for pointing that out aellison
    http://www.antionline.com/member.php...&userid=103882

he seems to have uploaded a avatar i didnt think you could choose an avatar from the signup
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/
    Share on Google+

I am not maddened over this, just a bit saddened
    I am not upset, and I am quite calm, I am just seeking aknowledgement.
    Share on Google+

Token drunken Irish guy
    PM JP, or just register under a new name, it may be special but in the ned it just a screename.

Its was probably a glitch as others have said.

Anyway I await his arrival.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, with 120,000 registered users, I really don't have time to pay attention to how individual registrations are going.

However, if I get e-mails about problems, I try to look into them.

DarkeMaster never replied to the e-mail activation code that was sent to him. I've had the system re-send the activation code. Once he responds to it, he should be good to go.
    Share on Google+