Using of Telnet

Thread: Using of Telnet

Using of Telnet

Can anyone tell me of how can I use the telnet to get into the mainframe where I am our server name is :, so I don't know of how to use the telnet. or if anyone has got a tutorial please help me .

Beverwijk Netherlands
    don't EVER use telnet ver the internet !!!

It has no encryption what so ever, so your passwords will be visible for all that sniff on any gateway between you and the server !!

Use SSH instead !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi mom!
    First of all, do what the_Jinx sais. SSH is comparable with Telnet, but it more secure. Telnet though is part of Windows (which I assume you're using), SSH is not. You'll have to download some program if you want to use that.

Anyways, telnet:
    Open your start menu, and select 'run'. Type "telnet" (without the quotes) and hit enter. A new window will popup, asking you for your username and password. That's it.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Yeah, I will have to agree with that. SSH is definitely a better option - more secure. If you want to see for yourself, setup a sniffer/protocol analyzer on your machine and telnet to anything - you will see your username and password be communicated in wide open cleartext...scary thought - especially over the internet!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

And since nobody said it already, please choose the correct forum next time. Just trying to save you some negs.....
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!