Thread: Conference room PM notifications for new messages.

Webius Designerous Indiginous

Conference room PM notifications for new messages.

Well, the subject pretty much says it. I would like to get a PM in my inbox when someone posts in a conference room I am a part of. This would greatly help in some of the conferences I am involved in.

that is a good idea.. but it should be a choice in your profile whether it's turned on or off

As I have been making use of the conference rooms alot now, I have come a cross a few more suggestions for them.

• A time day stamp for the posts.
    • A way for the opener of the room to kick people out. (not needed yet, but all it takes is one person to get pissed and spam all over it)
    • The new post notification.
    • A list of people invited to the room at the top of the conference.

I think that covers it for now. If I think of anything else I'll post it.

BTW: We still are activly discussing the upcoming war in Iraq, and also discussing Bush's new Cyberspace security bill. If you would like to join either discussion Private Message me.

X - Are you not just asking the conference rooms to be ran like an IRC channel? I think it would be easier to run your discussions on a separate channel in IRC. I may be wrong, but it just seems more logical and easier.

Well, the conference rooms allow you to have people add stuff througout the day, week, etc.. We all don't have to be on at the same time, some have conflicting schedules.

Good idea xmad. Since you can't subscribe to a conference room thread, and conference rooms are more of a hassle to get into and check as well. Maybe the key could be included in the link or the e-mail?

So X, your looking for the conference room to be structured as a thread without the bells and whissles (profile, AP assignment, report, etc..), and a certain option to block a user from re-accessing the conference room if the creator does not want the user to re-enter.

Basically the conference rooms are already configured like a thread without the bells and whistles. It's a great feature for an international site like this one to have, and with the topics that get discussed in these rooms, it's wonderful to be able to discuss totally opposing opinions without the concern of APs, and also, to be able to include those you want in your discussion without having to worry about any old body being able to mess it up with flames, etc.

I think that a notification of some type would be great, cause I don't always participate in the rooms I'm invited into, but I do read them. Unfortunately, I usually remember I wanted to look at it right about the same time I hit the disconnect button....lol. I also think that a time stamp would be good, cause sometimes it is hard to figure out who posted what when.

Great suggestion xmad!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.