Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn HSP56 MR...

Developer Extraordinar

Damn HSP56 MR...

I have a HSP56 MR and I swapped computer (I had one at my dad's but I switched it with the one at my mom's becuase the one at my dad's was better than my mom's, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda) Anyways...I swapped computer AND hard drives. And I re-formatted both of them. The one at my mom's works fine..but she has Cable internet. Then when I loaded my dad's computer Windows dosn't detect my modem, I've ewent though al the help... and nothing there worked...What to do!!

Computers
    ---Dad's now---
    701 mHz Intel Celeron
    128 MBs Ram.
    HSP56 MR Modem.
    10 GB HDD

---Mom's now---
    AMD Duron 1.05 gHz
    128 MBs Ram
    10/100 Network card
    20 GB HDD

Can anyone help me...

Hi mom!
    Doesn't it recognise the modem (is there a unrecognised device in your device-list?) or doesn't it see any hardware at all?

That modem, it's internal, right? Try swapping slots: place it in a slot that ideally has a free slot above and below it.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

umm this is a wild stab in the dark :/ but did you install the drivers on the installation cd windows doesent detect all types of modems
    just a thought ??
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Developer Extraordinar
    It dons't detect tha hardware all togeather... And I have only one MR slot...

Yeah I did...I think............I clicked the .inf file and clicked install. When I Try to "Add new hard ware" And try to add a modem, I click have disk, click the .INF file. Then it says COM Port... but nothing's there....I checked in the Device Manager, and there is a COM Port installed..

Hi mom!
    MR slot?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Developer Extraordinar
    I donno what iot's called. =s lol. It's above my PCI slot... The modem isn't in a PCI slot... It says it's a AMR slot on my motherboard.

Hi mom!
    owz, that's new for me... Did you look at the site of the modem's manufactorer?

Developer Extraordinar
    I have. But, I canno find support on what is wrong. Maybe, I download the drivers agian... It's the COM prt thing that's go me worried. Would t be something in my BIOS?

The Iceman Cometh
    The modem in question is a generic chipset issued by a little known chip manufacturer. You will have to go to the manufacturer of the card itself for updated drivers if the driver you are trying to install does not install properly from the CD-ROM. Generally, you can find the manufacturer of the card on the board itself. Once you have that, write down what the chipset is so that, when you get to the manufacturer's site and it asks you for the chipset, you will be able to choose the right one. If you want to try installing it another way with the CD-ROM, try the following. Go to the Modems Control Panel. Once there, it should ask you if you want it to detect a modem if you want to find it yourself. Try having it detect it. If it does, insert the CD and it should load the driver from there. If it doesn't, go back and choose the option to find it yourself. Once you're at the point where you can select a location to install the driver from, point the CD, go to the "Drivers" folder, and choose the corret Windows version you are running. It should then load the correct driver and you're set. Most likely, you accidentally loaded the wrong driver or simply loaded the setup.inf info file, instead of the driver file itself. Good luck.

AJ

EDIT: By the way, I just read your post about the COM port prompt. Make sure it's choosing the correct COM port. Generally, COM1 and COM2 are reserved for your serial ports. Most modems run on either COM3 or COM5. It should automatically detect the correct COM port when you install the right driver. If it doesn't, be sure to choose COM3 or greater (it will come up with a list of available COM ports: the two serial ports and the one for your modem)

Developer Extraordinar
    I've done that. Then when it asks me to "select my COM port" there is none. But it says there is in the device manager.

:::Just read:::
    Read you edit. I'll try it and report back. Thanks. Hope it works. /me crosses his fingers

It didn't work...I think I might just have to buy a new modem... But can anyone else help me??