Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Step Closer to War???

Post One Step Closer to War???

Today Tony Blair submitted evidence to the British Parliment,in an emergency session,which shows concrete evidence of Iraq possessing and researching weapons of mass destruction.Is this enough to sway the skeptics?I hope so.It is said that these weapons can be armed and on their way to their given destination in as little as 45 minutes.Some of the weapons are relatively short range,but can go far enough to hit Israel,and some of them are longer range(I haven't seen the specs,but I imagine that means they can at least reach the closer parts of Europe.Considering that Saddam has now told another bold face lie to the world,and violated the restrictions put on him by the UN,he needs to be removed from office and disarmed.As far as just taking his weapons away again,I think even the thought is rediculous.He's proven to the world that he isn't trustworthy enough for that.He'll just start the development process over again,until one day he is able to develop these weapons and launch them without the UN taking notice.(Until they're in the air anyway).I feel the world(not just the UN),has a duty to send troops in there and get this psychotic dictator out of office and remove all WMD from the country.He's a threat to everyone.Not just the US and Israel.Not even just those that oppose his regime.Ask yourself this.Would you want him as an ally if you led a country?Do you think if he saw some benefit in launching a barrage of missiles into your country he would hold back(ally or not)?I don't think so.Whether the rest of the world backs us or not,I feel the time has come to get this done and get it done the right way.Meaning kill Saddam,kill any resistance that tries to ally with him,destroy his weapons,and do what needs to be done to stabalize the Iraqi government.Enough is enough.Here's a link to Tony Blair's presentation to Parliment.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63915,00.html

I don't know if you noticed, but CNN just stated the National terror threat level is being lowered from 'high' to 'elevated.'

Just some good news to all. Keep an eye on CNN.COM because they have not announced the details as of yet.

Makes you think why BLAIR showed the evidence!!
    Why could'nt Bush have shown what is going on.....Give it 24 hrs and see if the English parliament goes along with what is on show??

The time frame of the evidence of Nuclear weapons has gone from 3 Months(Bush's words a few weeks ago) to 12 months (Powell's words very recently) and now we have in the report from Blair..1-2 yrs!!
    It gets longer and longer...

If the speaches remained staight maybe the world would see a perfect picture??
    Until then...There are a lot of questions still to be asked and many avenues of Discussions to be takin before any action is needed.

With that being said, it looks like a done deal. The only thing left to do is get ourselves prepared for this gruesome task spiritually.

To help with that im posting this link:

Up-Lifting
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Exclamation War

I always wonder where the logic is in this.

Terrorists killed thousands of our innocent citizens.

So we plan to kill millions of innocent citizens?

For those who see the logic.

www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

So we plan to kill millions of innocent citizens?
    Who's planning to "kill millions of innocent citizens"? Try not to be so dramatic.

The logic is prevention. To prevent a madman from using weapons that WILL kill millions of innocent citizens. He has the weapons, and he's working on aquiring more weapons.

The goal of the UN here, is to stop Saddam from using these horrible weapons on innocent people. War with Saddam now, could mean millions of lives saved in the future.

There's the logic.

Listen, I'm no war monger. I detest the thought of war. I really do. But sometimes things like this need to be done. No matter how ugly they are. That's what I believe.

The time frame for Saddam being able to develop nuclear weapons has changed,but the fact remains that he IS developing them.The main reason the time frame has changed is because of the fact that the head of his nuclear development team quit working for him,and is now working for US intelligence teams to stop him,not because of some government deception conspiracy.As far as the US killing millions of innocent citizens,first let me ask who is innocent?The soldiers forced to fight allied forces by Saddam's regime,the 12 year old kids that are given an AK47 and a hand grenade and sent after US soldiers by the Iraqi government?Lets get real here who's killing the innocent civi's?The allied forces or the government leaving the allied forces no choice but to kill these people,the same government that tests chemical and biological weapons on these innocent people,the same government that if given the chance would drop a nuke on anyone who doesn't follow their reign of terror.Let me ask another question of the people against this war.Should we stand by and let him develop these weapons?Should we let Israel be destroyed by the terrorists because they are Jewish?Is it really logical to put the lives of you,your family,your friends,and millions of others to let an insane dictator stay in power?It may be in your mind,but not in mine.These people are untrustworthy,specifically target innocent civilians,and are willing to do anything to bring down anyone who supports Israel,and/or the US.

Having now read the document submitted by Tony Blair,I stand my ground even more firmly on the subject.It seems to me there is absolutely no question whatsoever that Saddam is an extreme threat to the entire world.There is absolutely no reason to have tons upon tons of chemical and biological agents(including VX one of the most deadly nerve agents ever created,it was stated that 10mL will kill a person within seconds),unless you intend to wreak havoc on everyone around you.You do the math.30000 tons of VX 10 mL per person,who's looking to kill millions of people?That's not including the similarly large amounts of mustard gas,anthrax,botulism toxin,aflatoxin,and a number of other agents as well as the means to deliver them,and currently developing the technology to send his missiles to the far end of Europe.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

THe time frame has changed because he has not been able to get the needed material... I believe the President said if he were left alone and the sanctions lifted he could have a nuclear device inside of a few months ( that was when people from all over were calling for an end to the sanctions in exchange for a return of the UN weapons inspectors) The time frame has now been set at 6-18 months (last I heard) and that is with all sanctions in place... The report Tony Blair released today makes a very good case for war with Iraq... I will include it with this post in PDF... Like Sgt B and others have said I do not want a war with Iraq... That said it has to be done... The Germans likened President Bush to Hitler the other day... They made a mistake... They should have likened Saddam to Hitler... Today after the release of the report by Blair the Iraqis said that this was all a "campaign of lies to further the zionist agenda." Sounds a loy like the c**p Hitler used to spew... the jews are to blame for all of the worlds troubles... It was BS then and it is BS now... Will millions die in a war with Iraq??? That is always possible but IF it does happen there will be one person to blame... Saddam... because he has been known to put military command centers inside hospitals, schools, residences... The people of Iraq are not blameless in this as many would say... They could have rose up and taken him out after the Gulf war if they wanted but they didn't... Yes he would have killed a great deal of them but he could not kill them all now could he... As it stands now IMHO Saddam will be killed and replaced in a war with Iraq and the US will rebuild the nation as we have done after every war we have fought... The only way "millions" will die is if Sadam orders the use of NBC weapons against either us or Isreal... In which case I would imagine the temperature in Bagdad is going to reach 5000 degrees in a little less than a nano second... And will it be deserved? Yes it will IMHO... he has shown time and again he WILL use WMD and if he uses them against the US, UK troops or Isreal then he is commiting suicide for his entire country....
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

The only way "millions" will die is if Sadam orders the use of NBC weapons against either us or Isreal... In which case I would imagine the temperature in Bagdad is going to reach 5000 degrees in a little less than a nano second.
    Some people might not belive you, but I heard (and I wish I still had the article or some proof) that Israel stated that they will use nukes in a heartbeat. If one SCUD missle flies at them, then they are launching.

I've also heard of people comparing Bush to Hitler, and it really makes me sick. I think he's a damn fine President, and I'm glad he's in office right now.

It was on fox news last night that the Isreali defense minister said that they would get involved if Saddam launched against them... He would not confirm that they would use nukes but he did hint at by saying "if they (Iraq) use chemical or biologic agents against Isreal then hell will be unleashed against them." Knowing Saddams track record I would give Isreal about a week after hostilites begin before they are hit...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?