LMAO @ Microsoft

Thread: LMAO @ Microsoft

LMAO @ Microsoft

Ballmer: We'll outsmart open source

as found here.

Although Microsoft cannot compete against Linux on price, the company will use its community of professionals to outsmart the open-source movement, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer told an audience of Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) in London on Monday.

Technology like clustering would be better in Windows than Linux eventually, said Ballmer: "We will beat Linux on clusters. We can't beat them on price, but we have to add value."
    My thoughts about this: " YEAH RIGHT ! ! "
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Technology like clustering would be better in Windows than Linux eventually
    Please note the word "eventually." That's like Saddam saying he will "eventually" win the war against the US.

Ballmer, too much ?

"We can't beat them on price, but we have to add value." There's another laugh. I seem to recall, during the last trials, MS talking about fair price and value. I don't think, unless they plan to tangle openly with Lindows, there's any fair value, or just value involved. Linux has them on every front but easy operability for the average computer user. Even that gap is narrowing.

Micro$oft is starting to realize that linux is genuine competition. It reminds me of the 50's, when American auto manufacturers laughed off the Japanese cars and the Volkswagen. Microsoft, I think, made that same mistake. Linux sort of went away for a year or so, now it's starting to move again. M$ is going to try marketing to win the war. I don't think they'll win preaching fair and honest value.

Steve "Monkey Boy" Ballmer

To make me wonder even more why I didn't post this in Tech-Humor....

For the people that don't remembers the "Dance Monkey Boy" Video about Steve Ballmer..
    Or the "Developers, Developers, Developers " Video..

check out the videos
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    Linux has them on every front but easy operability for the average computer user. Even that gap is narrowing.
    Well, they don't really have them on every front... aside from it being a little difficult for the average user, they will still have to contend with support costs... Windows is rather easy to support, and competent technicians should never need to contact MS for help with it.. but with Linux, while it may be free, its support costs are much greater... not to mention it can be a little bitch *kicks his linux box*....

Although Microsoft cannot compete against Linux on price, the company will use its community of professionals to outsmart the open-source movement, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer told an audience of Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) in London on Monday.
    He must have been trying to make the MVP's think they are something special..... either that or he's really silly.... or both.... :P
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Originally posted here by Matty_Cross
    Windows is rather easy to support, and competent technicians should never need to contact MS for help with it.. but with Linux, while it may be free, its support costs are much greater...
    What? I mean it's open source for crying out loud! Wanna know the ins and outs of windows THEN you have to get the details from MS. With Linux, all ya gotta do is pop the hood and look for yourself. That's besides the fact that Linux is primarily based on well-known UNIX style conventions, where as MS just changes whatever the hell they want between upgrades and don'y have to tell anyone. when I want an answer to a tough Linux question I can't figure out myself, I pop online and get a plethora of high-quality answers, usually quickly and always for free.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

Just points to ponder, two facts neither Gates or Balmer know squat about programming. Such is the media spin and hype of the M$ machine. Good sign is about 10 years after the fact Balmer picked up on the word CLUSTER, bad news he thinks it's a bunch of grapes wait is that a halo of Cesar there? All fact and my own humor thrown in FACT each patch by M$ costs AMERICAN business about $3,000.00 times 52 this year times the seats of their product. Now to to me seems this M$ is not very pro U.S.A. but M$ pro B$. Rant over
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg