Thread: Possible AP modification (seriously!)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Possible AP modification (seriously!)

No, I'm not trying to have them changed all sorts of ways but I did have a question.

Scenario (true):

1: I log in
    2: I notice I have a negative AP on a post made a long time ago...no worries, I can take it and it was tactfully said (surprisingly).
    3: I go to the post and was going to edit it to add something in to clarify.
    4: I get this message

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.
    QUESTION: Why would people be able to assign positive/negative points to a post that can't be edited after 1440 minutes?

SUGGESTION: Make the post expire both in point assignment and editing at the same time.

Laughable? Somewhat doable? What do you guys think?

EDIT: another thing I just thought of would be to remove banned users from the AP earner list if they are on it (pointedly looks at RA's ban status).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I agree completely. I think, say if you got antipoints because they missed something or you didn't post something that should have been added, you should be able to edit it. The fact you can't edit after 1440 minutes isn't, IMO, a good thing, because you might eventually realize you made a mistake with a post and say, "Ohhh, That's why I was negged/greened". Also, from what I know, lot's of people are negging old posts, so that could/might help that as well. Good suggestion Vorlin! -- Jason Copeland

As for your second suggestion, I agree as well. I think banned users shouldn't be on the list. It's not just R_A_ but ac1dsp3ctrum and other's as well. If you go down the row, every list has a banned member(s) on it. I think also NetSyn suggested this a few days ago. I hope it can happen, but from what I know, some members disagree with it.

Good suggestion, Vorlin...although already suggested! Check out this link...

Vorlin: I think that's a pretty good idea. The way you put it, it really almost sounds like a double-standard or something. You have my vote.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Hi,
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Hm. I'd rather increase the time for revisions and APs rather than having them both at one day. (1440 mins.) Maybe a week or two? (And yes, CK, I posted on this before, in a way, thank you for noticing )
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I'll sure agree with the suggestion, speaking as one who's been negged twice for apparently just posting in a thread several days old and not even making the comment attributed to me in one of the negs.

I totally agree with you Vorlin on this topic.
    Insert whitty tagline right here.