Irc... ??

Thread: Irc... ??

Developer Extraordinar

Irc... ??

I have a question... and a suggestion...

What is up with IRC 4 out of 10 times I try to go on I can't get on. (Unable to connect, etc) My question is, why? What has been up with IRC, I was gone for like 2 weeks, and IRC seems messed up...

My suggestion:
    Back up server:
    Make a back-up server, if one goes down go to that one. If one gets flooded or DOSed or whatever go to that, fix the main one. And go back to that one... just a suggestion, I don't know much about IRC, and it may show...
    Come to UnError.com

Uhh, as much as I'm not sure of the reason, I do know you can go to liran's server which is at irc.linux-users.net . As I know, however, AO IRC is working right now. Hope I helped!

IRC was DoS'ed (from what I heard, but that could be a crock) and that was the reason why it was down. Also, Dome has a server everybody goes to when IRC is down, and it has been quite often.

As for your suggestions, take it up with JP. Maybe he will take you up on the idea...

And yes, asking not to be negged gets you negged. Go figure.

Developer Extraordinar
    Figures, someone bored enough (or stupid enough) will neg you for saying "Please don't neg me, it's only a thought." But what the hell.

Anyways I found the irc.linux-users.net server... I like it. But I still think AO should host a back up server. Just some thoughts.

MB.
    Come to UnError.com

Yes, I agree. Especcialy the last 2 weeks, IRC has been ****ed up. But it will get better, I trust that JP is always working on his child, called AO.
    Bleh.