Can't download security text files or programs.

Thread: Can't download security text files or programs.

Can't download security text files or programs.

Sorry for my first post to be a possible bug but...
    When I try to download a security text file I pick the folder I want which takes me to a list of .zip files. On selecting the file I want I'm then taken to the specific file info page. When I click on download I'm taken to the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page which informs me I'm not logged in, although I am. On relogging on the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page I'm told that the file does not exist. This has happened with 5 or 6 text files I've tried.
    A similar problem happens with the security program downloads except when I get to the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page and log on I end up in a loop. Each time I log on I'm sent back to the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page. I have Emptied my internet temp file folder as I had a problem with the new thread button not showing up. This has not cured the original problem though. I'm using IE 5.5 and Win ME.
    As an aside, could I just say what an excellent site you have here. I'm a complete newb when it comes to these things but in the short time I've been lurking here I've learnt some fascinating, and frightening, things.

Hmmm, thought i might be able to help you but can't..., it worked for me like hot butter although i'd never downloaded anything before. You're obviously logged in to the forums or you couldn't post, so that's covered. It's the mystery of the sea, maybe a cyber-dragon out in the Pacific, munching up the bytes as they try to get past................

Thanks for trying anyway.

AO has been crazy latly. Some other person posted about problems logging in and then having to log in again and it was blamed on cookies or add- removal software. Well thats not the case since I do not use add removal software . I have it set to accept all cookies I used IE and Netscape from Home and work and I have the same damn problem with having to log in every 3 minutes

What I have found works best though is to log in to AO and then once you are redirected to the main page again after login any time you want to click on a link right click and open in a new window. This usally helps, ocationally will have to log in again but not so much.

I also had some problems with the downloads to where I click on the link to download and it just takes me back to the main page.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Thanks for the suggestions Euclid, but no joy I'm afraid. I've had IE on the lowest security settings, deleted all cookies and internet temp files, tried opening a new window each time, stopped my firewall and AV but still can't download. Having gone through the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page > welcome mookie > AntiOnline Site Security Notice page > welcome mookie infinite loop I can use my back button to go back to the main page, refresh it and it still shows I'm logged on. It's got to be something set on my PC that this site doesn't like because The Old Man had no problems and I can download from other sites. Still I suppose this is one way of learning. One last thought crossed my mind. Do you have to do something special before you can download, like be a member for a certain time, post so many posts or upload something first? Thanks for all your help.

Me again, bit of an update. I've now tried a different browser, Bingoo was its name oh ( 5 cows from tucows), no joy. Also When I click on the "register" link on the AntiOnline Site Security Notice page It takes me to a page that says I'm already registered, go figure. If you hear a kablamm!! soon it's just my head.

I admit defeat. I couldn't find what the problem was and couldn't get any Emails through to the help. In desperation I created a new account and... Voila, I can download with the new account to my hearts content. I'll try to get my old account deleted as I obviously won't be using it now. Just thought I'd post this to let you know the problem is solved, though not in the way I would of liked. I'd also like to say thanks very much to all who helped me. Hopefully my next post will be a bit more interesting.