Unix Firewall

Thread: Unix Firewall

Question Unix Firewall

Help needed

I have problems setting up my firewall! At first I was configuring it with a gui (brichouse) for the unix firewall. The firewall ships native with MacOsX in unix. Evrything works find except that I can't send files with msn messenger. I have the port numbers nesessery for the opertaions but I'm not 100% sure of how to insert the lines in the command prompt of unix I think it' something like:

"add tcp portnumber allow any to any" but what comes after that or is that all i need? an also

can i insert a range of port number on one row for exampel

"add tcp 6000-7000 allow any to any..."?
    (thats not the ports I'm intrested in adding)

or do I have to insert every one individually? If anyone can help that would be great. It seems that every time I post a question that question gets answered but the follow up question that arrise are often if not allways neglected. I tried a search in the forums but nothing came up if there is a thread were this is disscused please point me to it.

Thats it for now goodbye and thank you for the fish.
    Life Is Taking The Risk Of Enjoying IT!
    \"Java (ME)\"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    I was going to ask exactly what firewall it was (ipfw) but found the info and found somewhere better to ask (as there isn't that many OS X users here).

Give a try at http://brianhill.dyndns.org/phpBB/

The FAQ would probably be a good place to start. Hope this helps.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage