Thread: How to send UDP/TCP/ICMP packets?

How to send UDP/TCP/ICMP packets?

How can I send custom TCP/UDP/ICMP packets?

Windows XP is vulnerable to certain packets sent to the UPNP ports 1900 and 5000 I believe.

If someone sends a packet like this:

NOTIFY * HTTP/1.1
    HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
    CACHE-CONTROL: max-age=1
    NT: urn: schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1
    NTS: ssdp:alive
    SERVER: EEYE/2001 UPnP/1.0 PASSITON/1.1
    USN: uuid:EEYE

With the right modifications, it can lock up the computer. The information I got was from http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Ad...D20011220.html

But... how does one send a custom packet like that? What is involved? Where can I learn more? Thanks!

-Drawenai

beware!!!

delete this message it might get you in trouble!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never judge a hacker by the color of his hat!
    DS:2563 2320 2100 1517 4745 8464 1239 9040 9429 2095 698 8617 8902 440 2636 7066

Simply go here:

http://www.fatelabs.com/files.php

Download a program called Hping or SendIP and you can go right ahead with sending various IP packet types to whomever you wish (yay!).
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

This is a valid question because it has many good uses for finding vulnerabilities in your box. Yes it can also be used maliciously but so can all security related tools. Just read below

hping2 ( program name )

hping2 is a network tool able to send custom ICMP/UDP/TCP packets and to display target replies like ping does with ICMP replies. It handles fragmentation and arbitrary packet body and size, and can be used to transfer files under supported protocols. Using hping2, you can: test firewall rules, perform [spoofed] port scanning, test net performance using different protocols, packet size, TOS (type of service), and fragmentation, do path MTU discovery, transfer files (even between really Fascist firewall rules), perform trace route-like actions under different protocols, fingerprint remote OSs, audit a TCP/IP stack, etc. hping2 is a good tool for learning TCP/IP.

--- EDIT ---

[WebCarnage] your too quick on the keyboard for me. Oh well

Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Euclid: We remain [in AO] to serve...

I'm just a bit better at it... Your post was obviously more helpfull though, kudos to that.

/me bows before the great Euclid.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Thanks guys!

I've posted messages before on another message board... and they automatically assumed the worst... that I wanted to remotely attack some system...

Thanks for replying to my security related post, and not thinking the worst of someone who wants to learn! This is really a great site!

-Drawenai