Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reboot Problem

I've had similar reboots happen with various flavors of OS's. My probs were related to a short in the cpu cooling fan. The fan would run fine at boot and then after about 10 - 30 minutes it would vibrate just enough to cause it to stop running. Then about 1-2 minutes later the cpu overheated and shut itself down causing a reboot.

Heat is a bad thing. Check your fan connection. But then again it could be the HD or RAM or something else entirely. Good luck!

Did a chkdsk /r and low and behold found a hardware error. Now its time to troubleshoot. Thanx for the help all. I noticed that one of the posts said it might be a trojan. How would i go about checking for a trojan????
    Alright take it ease

I suspect your problem is probably one of the above but one thing not mentioned is the SP level. Have you installed any of the service packs ( they are now at SP3 )?
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Im all up to date with all service packs. Ill let everyone know what the problem is when i figure it out.
    Alright take it ease

We had a problem with a Win2k computer rebooting by itself, but we found out that it was someone using that SMB die tool.