i stupidly installed a trojan on my pc...now what?

Thread: i stupidly installed a trojan on my pc...now what?

i stupidly installed a trojan on my pc...now what?

my friend send me a trojan through an email attachment and now i gota trojan in my pc....aint that some sh1t........now i cant reinstall my mcafee virus scanner.....what can i do to fix this huge problem......please help....

i installed the virus scanner and it deleted the trojan....but when i try to re install it it does not let me....it says an error that the intallation failed even do mcafee seems to work..i'm confused right now....some1 please help

Hi mom!
    First, stop posting the same message in different forums. Second, what are you trying to reinstall? What doesn't let you get in where? Be a little more specific, please.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

At what point does the installation stop?If you want help,people have to have the info to help you.What prompted you to uninstall the scanner and then try to install it again?When you uninstalled it did you use the uninstall program,or did you delete it manually?
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

www.moosoft.com -- aka the cleaner.
    it cleans trojans.
    do that and also under regedit: HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\run
    take out anything there that you dont know or recognize.
    If you dont know what regedit is or what HKLM is DONT go there.
    if you are running windows 98/me then start-> run-> msconfig and check the startup.

Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

don't panic!

well this is not such big deal so don't panic,trojans are just like other programs you install
    on your pc with the difference that they are a little bit harmful.
    if your operating system is windows based do these steps one by one:

1.if you have a firewall turn it on and connect your ISP ,the firewall will soon start wanning
    that a none system program is sending information from your computer to an IP address .
    grab the name of that program(most trojans have names like blah32.exe and they are in folders like windows/system , widows/ ,windows/sytem32 ....)stop the progie(your firewall has a feature that you can use to stop any program that is using your TCP/IP connection.

2.search your computer for files with that name.

3.restart your computer in safe mode

4.delete the trojan(file/s you found on last step)

5.run regedit.exe

6.search the registry for these words(run and runonce)

7.if you found the file name listed anywhere in these places(run or runonce)delete those keys
    that have values like c:\windows\sytem[trojan name].exe or drive:\folder\[trojan name].exe

Never judge a hacker by the color of his hat!
    DS:6781 402 983 6454 2851 4398 9042 1114 7338 2365 8440 8809 8522 5142 245 6045
    Kernel32 K1 member