curios bout programming fundamental

Thread: curios bout programming fundamental

curios bout programming fundamental

just wondering wat is the basic programing. (just an example) i mean if windows creat by c#, and wat program they use to create c# then, and let say they use asm language, and again wat language they use to creat asm language again and again till the fuondation of the programing. u know wat i mean and get my point.
    thank q for ur answer. appreaciete it very much

Hi mom!

In the end, your computer does nothing than calculate 0's and 1's. Assembly is as basic as is humanly comprehendable (within reason).
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

if that so, how people somehow know how to understand and use the language. n u meant after 1's 0's is asm language. n one more is anyone in this world know bout the code. and i believe that is the most powerful program if u're using binary. i guess wondering how long the binary no is if they just want to type "antionline".huh

Way back in the day people had to talk to computers in binary (using punch cards). Since then I think the knowledge of how to speak to a computer in binary has been nearly lost, as previous computers can do it for us while we construct new computers.

It's spreading up a like a disease, soon assembly will be all but forgotten and then in the future high level languages like c++ will be replaced by the ability to just tell the computer what you want it to do in plain english.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Just a note, programming languages are arranged in order of how close to the human language they are. Cloesest to our language are Prog. Languages like C++ or HTML, while at the other end of the specturm (closer to machine readable only) are languages like ASM and Binary.

shkuey > actually now that I think about your comment, asm wont really be forgotten, just kind of hidden. Cause after all something has to translate the language into binary so the machines can understand it. I don't think I would like the idea of a computer doing exactly what I tell it, because that kind of takes the fun out of programming.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I can't see low-level languages like ASM or even very many of the high-level languages that we use today going away for a very long time, if ever. I believe that they will just become easier to use and understand.

Contrary to shkuey's remarks:

It's spreading up a like a disease, soon assembly will be all but forgotten and then in the future high level languages like c++ will be replaced by the ability to just tell the computer what you want it to do in plain english.
    someone is always going to have to tell the computer how to do what it does. For a computer to be able to understand human speech a human is going to have to write software to allow the computer to do it. Without software even the most powerful computers are as stupid as toasters. For a computer to be able to program itself without human-written software will require a level of artifical intelligence/consciousness that I personally don't believe we will ever achieve.

Someone always has to write the first program.

As already mentioned, everything was entered into the computer with punch cards. Imagine entering everything with 1's and 0's, it would be dificult, time consumeing, and error prone. Entering data with the keyboard was obviously alot easyer then useing punch cards. But a need for improvement was cause for creation of assembly language. Instead of remembering 1's and 0's, we could remember mnemomics(MOV, ADD, JMP) and this would be easyer to remember and less error prone. Well, as humans we are always looking for ways to improve. So high level languages such as C, C++, FoORTRAN, QBASIC, were created. Now the process of computer programing became less machine language and more human.

And infact, since everything must be translated into machine language, it might suprize you that compilers used by high level languages, were writen with assembly. So languages were created to make the task of programing computers easyer. Now you must remember that even though you are useing a high level language such as C, you still must turn it into machine code, to do that we compile and link. Compileing creates an object file, and linking creates the final executable.

So in a sence, we all program in machine language, but we do so indirectly.

EDIT:

Something that might interest you, the same program writen in C++ will be larger and slower then the same executable writen in pure assembly language. Thats why in some cases it is ideal to write your program in assembly rather then C or python.
    test