IRC Status

Thread: IRC Status

IRC Status

I did not see this idea posted, although I am sure someone probably thought of it. But I figured I would post it anyway just in case. I think it would be useful if we could see who was on IRC from the AO page. This would give us an idea if a certain person is on or not. Since I am not too familiar with coding/programming, I don't know what this would entail. So if it seems too far-fetched, then forget I said it. It's not a must-have, but it would be cool. Sorry if this was posted already, but I did not see it.

Peace.

Developer Extraordinar
    That would be a cool idea...I don't know alot about coding webpages, or anything either, but I like the idea.
    Come to UnError.com

Thats fine and all, but why can't you just click the IRC link and pop in for a sec to see who's on. Then if that particular person is not there just leave. Also it would probably take a while to code such a task...

FATALbreed---
    what have us americans done, lazy, lazy, lazy!

Banned
    The HabberNet Status Indicator is a new addition to our list of free software. It enables networks and their users to show a particular users status on the network. It's very similar to the ICQ status indicator you may have seen on some websites. If a user is on IRC, the indicator will show a lit up icon, otherwise the icon will be greyed out. All users can put links to the status indicator on their website, and let everyone know if they're on HabberNet or not.

HabberNet Status Indicator is available on the FTP.
    The HabberNet Status Indicator website is at http://www.habber.net/hsi.html.

doest even have to code if he chooses to implment it
    rioter

Banned
    Well a while back there was a BOT on IRC called AntiBot - AntiBot interacted with the userdatabase, it would have neet features like !post (show the number of posts a user hase) !email (show the e-mail address of a user) etc. it also made sure you use your AntiOnline nick on IRC... if JP brought this bot back it would make it really easy to have members in IRC listen on the 'Users Online Now' in your Member Function menu...

I liked the idea of AntiBot it brought *some* sense of order to IRC and i personally think it should be brought back, JP also said a WHILE back that he was going to try to incorperate APs on IRC, although it sounds like a cool idea, after everything thats been goin on lately it probably AINT gonna happen, too many abusers.

That's fine and all fatalbreed, but I have never been able to get into irc using the link. I have always had to use an irc client such as mIRC. It may be something that we/ISP are blocking or something. I don't know. It's just a matter of convenience. If you really want to go there, the internet is actually a melting pot of lazy people in a way. Mostly every addition to its vast troth of information is so that information can more easily be accessible. What happened to going to the library to do research? Now, all you have to do is sit on your a55 and type a couple of words and click search...click, click, boom...you got what would have taken you hours of research at the library in under 5 minutes! Neat eh? Not busting ba115, just making a point...it's all out of love for my AO fam!

Dome: I am too new to know what you are talking about, but it sounds like something that could be useful.

Rioter: Very cool, thanks for the link.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Understand now t2k2, i didn't know you couldn't use the link of AO...The member status in the IRC would be usefull in that sistuation...Sorry

FATALbreed
    --

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    This was actually planed once before. Back with AntiBot that Dome was talking about. There was going to be a link on AO for "whos on IRC". I believe some testing was done on that also. Anyway, to many people complained about the way that the bot worked, so it was taken down. I haven't heard one way or another if the idea is going to still be implemented or not.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman