Thread: Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 1942

To all the gamers: I here this is a serious game with wicked graphics! Check out the Tech TV revies here .
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Yeah, I bought the game, its pretty cool. Nothing like trying to drive an army jeep down the beach when there are destroyers off the coast shelling you, airplanes circling overhead dropping bombs on you, tanks trying to shoot you and squish you, lots of men w/ anti-tank rockets shooting at you, and artillery in the hills blowing holes all around you. ;-)
    Noticed a little bug though. Since I use NIS 2002 and its application based, when I ran the game and tried to get a list of internet games, it froze because the firewall popped up with an alert behind the game screen. The game was frozen on the screen, none of the keyboard keys would work (except the 3 special ones for Search, Mail, and WWW which caused the computer to think most likely opening the proggies) and the mouse was unresponsive. Even with the patch this happens. Thankfully, I use a router w/ NAT and a hardware firewall so I can disable NIS 2002 and play w/out the worry of S'kiddies.
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

i havnt played it but know someone who has, they say it is up there with counter strike and half-life (i know thats old school but thats the standard i compare to), i hear the plot is similar along the lines of Medal of honour - allied assault?

Originally posted here by mrleachy
    i havnt played it but know someone who has, they say it is up there with counter strike and half-life (i know thats old school but thats the standard i compare to), i hear the plot is similar along the lines of Medal of honour - allied assault?
    counter strike doesnt even come within miles of compairing with Battlefield 1942. the scale in this game is just massive, its great.

in CS you have basically no real insentive to 1) go after the actual map objectives(wait, you mean we arent just suposed to be trying to kill eachther? there are hostages to save?) or 2) employ real team work..well, atleast not at the pub level. maybe at higher levels of clan play you do(have to employ team work that is).

in battlefield 1942 if your team doesnt work together you will get steamrolled incredibly quickly.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.