View Poll Results: should the non-technical forums become limited access?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 33.33%
  • no

8 66.67%

Thread: Islamic hackers??? OH No!!!

Unhappy Islamic hackers??? OH No!!!

Am I the only one in AO that's not the slightest bit intimidated by the "threat" of Islamic hacker groups launching some huge barrage on US comp. networks?I feel more intimidated by the extremist hippies mentioned in the article than anything else,and I sure don't think they'll accomplish anything except possibly a few web site defacements and sending out a virus or two.Not exactly what I consider a real threat to national security.I realize that some of these Muslim fundamentalists have a nice little chunk of cash they're sitting on,but most of these people are living in conditions that I sure wouldn't want to be in,and have bigger problems to worry about than how to bypass a firewall.Not to mention who the hell do you have come out and install your DSL in Afghanistan?Starband?I don't think so.Well here's the article if your interested.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,105479,00.asp

I've no doubt they've got some fairly well trained people over there. Probably learned it here or in one of the Western countries. But, if they try anything, I think we've got a whole lot more skilled hackers and crackers than they do, and I bet ours would love to have some fun. Maybe ours already are and we just don't know it.

Being Muslim and living in the Middle East doesn't make you stupid and/or ignorant by default. That seems to be the general tone of your post - 'Muslims, heh, what would they know about computers. Too busy looking after their camels and putting up their tents'. I'm sure there are some talented individuals in that region who could stage some relatively sophisticated attacks against the US. Admittedly, it's not anything I'm too worried about, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely.

I want any hacker
    I wnt to ask some questions
    mail me at somic4000@hotmail.com

I am also in one of them who are the most talented and can do any thing against most power ful persons or any country. I will tell you more when yu will mail me. mAy be I'll not come here again.
    Bye Bye
    nothing

Lets renmember that not all-Muslim nations are poor. As for hacking I worry more about script kiddies scanning for the latest exploit.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I'm not intimidated by them, but I think script-kiddie-dom does not respect ethnic boundaries. In other words: It doesn't matter if they're Islamic or not. They could be "Ba'hai hackers" or "Puerto-rican Hackers" for all I really care
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    I've no doubt they've got some fairly well trained people over there. Probably learned it here or in one of the Western countries. But, if they try anything, I think we've got a whole lot more skilled hackers and crackers than they do, and I bet ours would love to have some fun. Maybe ours already are and we just don't know it.
    Wrong, and wrong. Most computer professionals learned what they did in their own countries, and did so because it was a good way to earn a living. Get out of poverty, stay rich, whatever, anyways, computers are a big source of income as well, part of the reason countries like the US offer so many work visas to computer professionals from asia. You might think you have lots and lots of people trained to work with computers, many more than them, but I doubt that is the case. And in truth, the US really doesn't have so many trained hackers, at least not that you hear about, and there are quite a few reasons for that. Anyways, in countries like India, computer related jobs and industries are earning over a billion dollars a year. And besides, the US would porbably quickly crack down on ppl trying to hack from the US.

I recieved this statement in my AP center.I could care less about the points assigned with it,but the statement is false for more than one reason.I wasn't being a bigot first off,I was merely suggesting that the US has the largest computer industry in the world,so I find it highly unlikely that any other country is going to be able to produce hackers good enough to bring down the computers of any major government agencies that would seriously affect the economy.Second I don't do what my beloved country "makes" me do any more than any other person.Just because I'm proud to be an American doesn't mean I follow the government blindly.I have my personal opinions just like the next guy.For example,if I did just follow the governments words blindly I would be extremely terrified of "cyber-terrorists" because according to the government this is a huge threat.So I would have to say that calling a person dumb and backing it up with false statements would make the person who wrote this dumb by default.

"no reason for the bigotry, u just do what your beloved country makes you. you are the dumb one by default."

Next I didn't call anyone stupid.I do feel that whether they're trained hackers from a foreign government or people going to American schools for computer training they still don't pose much of a threat.Out of all the people in this country with various degrees in comp. science, tons of certs,and people that just spend 18 hours a day in front of their box.Don't you think if it was that easy to bring the government down through a comp. someone would have accomplished it by now?
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Welp, my feelings about this issue is simple, Don't judge a book by it's cover. Do I think they can be talented hackers? Yes.. Do I think they can pose a threat to the U.S and It's hackers? No.. I think we have more hackers than they have people in their countries. That's JMHO though.

doesn't matter if an attack is launched by a muslim, a jew, an american or a horse... If the attack is good enough it would damage any network or system. So do't try to put hackers or attacks in groups... every attack should be analysed on it's own. And please there a big diffrence between Islam and those who practice it... Motivation is diffrent in every case...
    Beware of weird people