Thread: Win2k running on XBox under Linux :)

Win2k running on XBox under Linux :)

Windows 2000 running on the Microsoft Xbox

EUROPE -- September 26 2002 -- Today the Xbox Linux Project (http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/) announced that Microsoft Windows 2000 has been successfully started and run on a Microsoft Xbox gaming console. This has been accomplished by using the Linux operating system, which already works reliably on the Xbox, as host environment. Windows has been run inside Linux with common PC virtualization software.

Full networking is supported and Windows 2000 can make use of a keyboard and a mouse connected to the Xbox, as well as of any other devices connected through the USB. The performance of Windows 2000 inside Linux on the Xbox is good enough to play MPEG-4 movies at fullscreen. Common Windows applications like Microsoft Office work without any problems.
    http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/ar...windows%202000

So what about running an XBox emulator on Win2k on Linux on an XBox - get it really messy

-toad

Or what about an Xbox emulator running under Linux on a PS2? I've been tempted to put a linux disk my my brother's Xbox, but I don't wanna screw it up, as I don't have the best of luck with Linux installs, so I think I'll just wait until I get the linux kit for the PS2. Actually its pretty interesting they can use a diff OS to get MS stuff working on their own hardware
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0