Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NIC card madness

Well as starty so aptly pointed out, eth0 wont be listed in /dev. I apologize for suggesting that. So kudzu doesn't find it? I'll go and try to find out which module you need.. I'll keep you updated on my progress......

Ok ok Ok.... rtl8139 is your module off choice. Did you see anything like that in your lsmod output???
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I recall kudzu finding my accton eth. card. But never the realtek one. Also, the rtlxxxx module is non-existent in the lsmod output! This linux stuff isn't working for me man!

SANDMAN

you have both NICs in there now?
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I know others have already said all of this, but I'm going to start from the beginning since you don't seem to be having any luck. You haven't answered the questions paople have asked to try and help you. You need to be methodical and not get so frustrated about this.

1) Exactly what kind of card is it? Realtek isn't specific enough.
    2) Do you have both network cards installed, or just the Realtek? If you have the Accton installed, remove it for troubleshooting purposes. You don't want to get eth0 and eth1 mixed up.
    3) What is the output of the "ifconfig eth0" command?
    4) What is the output of lsmod?

Ok ok Ok.... rtl8139 is your module off choice.
    Unless he uses 8139too.o Either way, there should be an 8139 somewhere in it.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!