7 41.18%
  • Every day i have ah new problem

3 17.65%
  • Worst version of Win i\'ve ever had

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO needs a back up?

AO needs a back up?

Well this is a question a few people have probable been wondering for a while, Why hasnt JP either backed up the server\site or made another server to back it all up so if one goes down the other one will come up with little or no down time. But i was thinking that some one should make another server dedicated to AO so it would stop down time. I know Liran has a server for irc... but it is limited i thing last time i checked it it had a limit to how mant people were alowed to be their at once. I dont know this is more of a question for the founder of the site JP if he wants some one to launch a clone of what he has... I was thinking about this when the site and all went down today and if he had this then it would be a good thing right? i dont know its up to the people and Jp what he thinks about this its only a suggestion for you but personaly i think it is a good one

Down time bad very very bad
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    But people think it over maybe we should donate to JP so he can buy a new server and what not so he has less down time?
    thing it over.
    Peace people

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯life is like a misurable sore on your a§§ every time you sit on it it hurts at the worst time

Banned
    Greetings:

I appreciate the remarks, but I have plenty of servers here, heh. We run a farm of webservers, and several database servers.

However, they're obviously all on the same lan, so when our pipe dies, so dies AO.

Banned
    Yeah as far as the DoSing thats been goin on i dont think theres much that JP can do..... u all know when IRC goes down my server is always up, and the limit is like 150 users wich AO IRC never gets to so im not worried....

The only thing that will stop this is if those damn skiddiots would stop being lame and start doing something productive.

I dont know JP if the server im building for my brother turns out allright.. would you want some one from a differnt place to set up a server? because the obvoius poing their would be that if yours drops off then the other would be up right? i dont know it is truly up to you what you do in the end but i have found out being an ******* gets me nowhere

Banned
    Heh, Shadow, I need a server! Anyway, like I said, if JP doesn't want it, he doesn't. I think it would be great because then AO and IRC wouldn't be down much from the lame DoS attacks.

but I have plenty of servers here, heh. We run a farm of webservers, and several database servers.
    u all know when IRC goes down my server is always up, and the limit is like 150 users wich AO IRC never gets to so im not worried....

Urgh, what part of this is hard to understand? JP has a ton of servers, we go to lirans when AO is down, and in the unfortunate circumstance they are both down....we go to uraloonys. Why would we need more?

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    Debwalin, I believe he means IRC as well as the website. If not, I apologize but however, DebWalin is right, we have two IRC backups, and soon I will have my own as well. As for the site, I think maybe a mirror site or backup would be good for that.

Common Exploit....I hardly think JP needs you as his spokesman. He has already made his opinion known, as mentioned by Deb.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Banned
    Okay, but Mahakaal, I was saying what Shadow could have possibly meant. I didn't speak for JP or anything like that.

Yeah i was talking about the site as well, but its jps decision to make.....