• Never gives me trouble

7 41.18%
  • Every day i have ah new problem

3 17.65%
  • Worst version of Win i\'ve ever had

3 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO needs a back up?

The site itself is rarely down, unless JP takes it down for something. Sometimes it is slower than crap, but when you consider 100,000+ members, and I believe I heard JP say he has about 500,000 visitors a month.....that would slow anything down.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    Also the site is basically run by the ub3r SUN database server, the only way to keep the site up when there is a flood to the pipe is to have a backup line connected to the same database server.....

that SUN is fast as crap if he would put up a backup that isnt as fast then it would slow down the site.... no point... just leave it be

Banned
    dome remeber the sun is actually a yellow imac so... i dont know about that haha
    rioter

You couldn't just mirror AO. The content changes dynamically on like a minutely basis. How'n the hell would you mirror it remotely with any kind of accuracy?
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion