Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consulting: Task & Time Tracking

There are no really 100% good cheap solutions what I know about but OPT may be a good solution licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL).

source: http://sourceforge.net/projects/outreach
    OPT is a PHP web-based generic project development virtual common place offering easy access to project information such as tasks, requests, e-mail, trouble tickets, documents plus a couple of other features. Uses LAMP (plus experimental Windows support)
    Another (not free) solution which can be of interest is Genesys meeting center.

Source: www.genesys.com
    Meet and work, online
    Genesys Meeting Center puts you in control of your virtual meetings, online. You visualize and manage your meetings from your PC. One simple interface integrating audio, web and video conferencing, makes conferencing online as easy as “point” and “click”. Your meeting room is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

A fully interactive virtual conference room
    With Genesys Meeting Center, your virtual meetings are instantly more visual and dynamic. You can present PowerPoint® slides, share applications and even be seen by your participants with multi-point desktop video.

Collaborate in real-time
    Now you and your participants can approve, edit or amend any type of business documents. Correct or modify legal documents, sales proposals, architectural drafts, CAD drawings, and virtually any other application that you can run on your computer.

Easy to start. Easy to join.
    Schedule your meeting online, from your Microsoft Outlook® interface. Or quick start a presentation right away from the Genesys Meeting Center home page, or via your MSN® Messenger. Participants may log-in to your meeting through www.genesys.com or through a direct link sent out via e-mail. Those without Internet access may still access and follow the audio call via telephone.
    There are ofcourse many other solutions like the above another possible solution could be sametime but this is ofcourse all depending in what the demands are and how much work you want to do yourself and the price ofcourse .

~micael

I use Timeslips. It is great for consultant billing. You can have multiple rates by Client or by user. You can bill time or product. You can customize the bill format... A LOT more. The site is www.timeslips.com
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

I actually do consulting for a company that uses TimeSlips, they do Environmental consulting services, and have different rates for different services and people, so I think it is useful, though I don't know how web integrated it is, as the company I work with has an older version of the software.

Another piece of software that I think might have some promise is Deltek's Advantage TimeKeeper. I believe it has comparable functionality to TimeSlips, if not more. Plus it is web integrated . (http://www.deltek.com/deltekweb.asp?id=65) They also have some interesting Client Relations Management software, and Proposal software.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Hey JP

It ain't free but I use Peachtree + Time & Billing. It has time and expense tracking, multiple billing rates, an on-screen timer, creates invoices from time & expenses and creates payroll from time tracked. Runs right out of the box, simple set-up. Good Luck with your new venture!
    Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and everyone thinks everybody else\'s stinks.