Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining Root

Obtaining Root

I want to access the server and my work place so I can enable more features on my client access. There are a ton of programs to download that will help me do this...I just don't know which one I should get....can somebody offer some help.

well first off yes they are many tools that could help you gain root but you havent provided alot of information here for all we know you are some hacker looking for an easy fix to impress some friends or something. and if it is your work server you should have root access to the box if you have permmision (ie) the admin or owner of the system
    sorry dude this seems a little odd to me could you provide more info and even at that i doubt any one will help you as i said its a little odd your asking this
    peace

EDIT this should have been in newbie security questions antionlines how do i form is for site related questions
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

hehe... niiiiiccccee avatar prod

Tommyboy: few things here....

1. if your admin doesnt want you to have it, chances are best not to try and get it via "blackhat" means

2. not all of us admins are nazi, ask.. it might work he he... and buy yer admin a beer, it helps dull the senses....

3. as far as getting "root" if your extremely set on the subject a good place to start is knowing the details about what operating system and applications are running, your network architecture, and even the thinking style of your admin (I place a lot of faith in most admins... but the truth is his password is the name of the last girl he was able to coax into bed with him)

4. providing your admin keeps tabs on whats going on, he probably has patched the holes that most of the downloadable skript kiddie apps exploit.... yer best bet is to go back to #'s 1 and 2

good luckski
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

a. there are many ways around root.
    b. there are many ways to gain root.
    c. before anyone gives you any advice, you're going to need to provide information.
    1. Do you have permission.
    2. what is the server's operating system.

in short, THEJRC is right... just beer it up with the guy... buy him a stripper, she'll grind it out of him.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

hmmm none of my users ever bought me a stripper........
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

I want MY stripper :}
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Rumor Mill: I _am_ a stripper...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Banned
    I beleave what TommyBoy2034 is asking about a programs like sub7 & PC-Anywhere which gives root to your PC so your not tied down to a desktop's connection.

The 'BEST' one? Im not sure which one is the 'BEST' cause they are all about the same.

The server is windows2k
    It is correct, I do not have permission for root. Here is the dilemma. I work a graveyard shift and have access to the internet. I want to play video games online, it is the only thing to keep me awake at night..but I can't...I can access all sorts of web pages..like this one, but I can't play video games. I'm not sure if obtaining root would even help the situation....but I'm trying. If I asked for root...they would laugh at me. Not trying to damage the server in any way...just trying to keep awake at night.

How about giving some information on why you can't play video games on the net. Error messages? Closed ports? More info might allow us to come up with a more legal way of helping you.

I think your other thread touches on this. You mentioned a proxy, but why isn't the proxy letting you on? Closed ports? A better understanding of your situation would be very useful.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness