Someone I'm Not
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone I'm Not

Banned

Someone I'm Not

Well, yesterday I recieved an AP saying I was JC. Now, it wasn't the AP that bothered me, it was the message. I want to ask whoever did it to tell me who you are and why you accuse me of being JC. I was talking to some of my AO newbie friends and they said people get accused of being formerly banned members anyways, but I want to know. Also, why would I be JC and bash the guy twice? Yeah, also, and this is a seperate issue, WHY do you people value your damn antipoints like it's god. I have talked to people saying that they love having so many AP's and stuff. I mean, does it make you smart or give you a huge d*ck or something? Btw, you can negg me all you want, I could care less. AntiPoints aren't the world and negging me won't bother me none. I ask that you atleast sign your name, because anyways, I can't "retaliate" because I have no points. Im just looking for answers. Tootles..

It wasn't me that neged you... but I agree with you on the Ap thing... there are to many people who think that it does something for them to have a butt load of green dots under their name... The reason you got hit could be that your posts used the same style or wording combinations as JC and someone caught it and assumed you were him...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Banned
    My style? I believe that I type correctly and with good production (so to speak). I don't want to type messy or whatever just to please people because my typing looks like the same as someone else's.

Oh btw, I took a typing class awhile ago..

Old Fart
    I'm not going to accuse you of being JC and don't really care if you are or not, but I am going to question you on another point. You say you cant 'retaliate' because you have no points, but I can plainly see that you actually have in excess of 400 positive AP's for a measly 26 posts made in 22 days. So in other words, your statement that you lack the ability to retaliate is a falsehood or a BIG mis-interpretation on your part. Would you care to explain how you rose so far so fast? I've read through your posts, and from my point of view, they didn't deserve the points they got for the most part. What gives?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Common... think of greenies as your respect meter on AO. I agree that some people might be a little obsessed with them, but what are you gonna do Just like in real life people that that respect/admire you, they put in a good for you to strangers. APs are exactly like that on AO, it tells people who dont know you that you're an okay person.

And to Midget....what are YOU getting so defensive about huh

Edit: /me looks at Allen........hmmmm...
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Banned
    Allenb1963, I got antipoints from anonymous people, which strangely enough, barely left a signature. I've been negged a fair share and greened a fair share but most of my points are from people who agree/disagree with my opinion. For instance, the Forecast for Baghdad thing "got" me alot of points because people liked, from what you can see, my opinion in it. I also recieved alot on my welcome message because I guess people felt that it was a good thing to have a newbie come in and actually say they WANT to help alot and whatnot and that they aren't looking for a sub7 hack or something. Those two situations are based on AP messages alone. I don't know EXACTLY why, but it is based on those messages. Like I said, I don't care about AntiPoints, they aren't my life.

Btw, when I try to green someone it come's up grey. From what I know, I can't assign points yet. That is what I meant when I said I can't retaliate. I'm sorry if you didn't know that I still can't assign.

Token drunken Irish guy
    Four greenies, believe me people get points off you.

Banned
    Well, then it's a bug because when I assign antipoints, it shows as grey. I don't feel like putting in a "bug report" right now, I'll do it later. But like I said, when I assign points it turns up grey.

Old Fart
    Thats ok...I'll file a bug report for you....can't have you running around with an account that isn't fully functional...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Token drunken Irish guy
    Well either its a bug or youve come across one of the AntiPoint checks that JP is always talking about...