Thread: AP assignment bug

Old Fart

AP assignment bug

Common_Exploit says that he is unable to assign AP's, even though he has 4 green dots. It isn't fair for someone to have an account that doesn't function properly, and I'm sure that C_E would appreciate it if this could be corrected. The thread where this bug is uncovered is here.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Banned
    Lmfao, Thank you allenb1963. I'm happy, despite my lazyness, that someone posted the bug. I think I'm going to like it here, people doing things for me ! Anyways, yeah, that's basically that.

The Iceman Cometh
    I'm not sure... but don't you have to have at least 50 posts under your belt before you can assign points (regardless of how many points you may have before that point). I believe something like that was instituted to avoid abuse of the system.

AJ

IMVHO Avdven, (apologiez if im wrong), I think one needs at least 50 APs before they can start giving out points. Although I do remember someone mentioning a long time ago that that 50AP was raised higher.Again IMHO, one also needs at least 10 posts before you can hand out points.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Mahakaal > Its still set at 50, because I recently got the ability to assign actual points instead of the greys. Actually it would be kind of neat if it was also tied to your post count. As far as I know, your post count only affects access to the addicts forum, the conference rooms, and the ability to have a custom avatar.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Nah, I'm pretty sure post count affects it too... I had a good bit of points but couldn't assign 'til I hit about 20 posts.

Banned
    Never mind, I just found yesterday that my latest assignment worked. Thank you again allenb1963 for making the suggestion.

What I saw when I first signed up is that you have to have at least 50 positive AP's AND you have to make at least 10 AP assignments before you can start assigning them. If your 11th AP assignment is positive Mr. Myagi tells you that balance is key, which I thought was funny.

The FAQ only says that you have to have 50 positive AP's. Maybe that should be updated to say 50 positive AP's and 10 AP assignments.

Banned
    10 ap assignments? That can't be it because I've only assigned 8 and 4 of them counted. So I don't think that's it. Whatever it was, it's fixed. Thanks nonetheless!