Thread: Downloading Red Hat 8

It's a gas!

Downloading Red Hat 8

Hi guys

Im having a bit of trouble downloading this from ftp.redhat.com here at work.

When i try to access the ftp site it just times out, even though i have followed the instructions of logging in as anonymous and email as password.

I have also tried a few different mirror sites which are giving me the same s**t.

Im thinking maybe this has something to do with the firewall at work.

Anyone know why this could be happening or know of an alternative download location, as i just got myself another pc last night which im devoting to this OS.

Again thanx in advance guys!

r3b00+

-Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

could be that your firewall ristricts access to ftp sites.....
    try downloading from some http sites!
    buying M$ OS is like ordering a soup where u gotta pay extra for the bowl and spoon....and each time u order something new u gotta pay a huge amount for a new table!!!

Enable ftp in your firewall maybe your firewall's blocking it try to look at your window regarding ftp protocol. then download it www.linux.org here the site maybe and there'a a direct link above if it fail try to contact online help on linux.org here some other site for linux
    www.linux.com , www.redhat.com