Thread: Athene Operating System. Has anybody

Athene Operating System. Has anybody

tried it to be able to say how good it is or isn't? I've read some about it, but I don't see exactly what you could use it for. I know it's cross platform and can be used in conjunction with Windows, I guess using the Windows engine or their own Pandora engine.

It looks interesting, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Do you mean AtheOS?
    www.atheos.cx
    apologies if you're talking about something different.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I don't know if it's the same with a name change, or not. I know it used to be called Athena.

http://www.rocklyte.com/athena

It really sounds interesting. I'm not sure if I'd be going in over my head or not, since I don't know a thing about that code.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I just read a bunch of stuff about that OS (thanks to the link provided) and I must say, I hope it works for the guy...he seems to have a good handle on creating something good. I just hope it can run windows apps because that'd be a big boost in the right direction.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.