View Poll Results: Was Russia right to use gas to end the theatre siege?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 62.22%
  • No

17 37.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO webbased wargames

AO webbased wargames

Ok,i posted a thread like this last nite and when you clicked the link to the thread you got an invalid link specified please contact the webmaster.So i posted it in the oops a bug form for a moderator to delete the post and which they kindly did because i cant find the thread

So here is the suggestion we all know JP is an extremly busy guy so i dont know if he would have the time to implement this but this form is for site suggestions correct so how do all of you feel about webbased challenges on
    AO challenge that resemble try2hack.nl.When i say resemble i meen challenges that are simalar to those of try2hack*but it would be JP implementing the challenges so they would obviously be more trickier and more complex* and we could use our Antipoints to buy hints for the challenges.Say like you can buy a small hint for like 2 antipoint and get better hints for the more you use like the most antipoint say a limit of 10 is the higest you can use for a really good hint but not a spoiler.

And if people wanted to play the games they would have to sign up and contribute to the community like tutorial's helping others to recieve antipoints so they could spend them on hints for the challenges making the AO community more active with fresh faces

Obviously if this is implemented there will be bugs but all new things are buggy

so what do all of you guys and gals think but the final decision is down to JP
    but this is just a suggestion
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Unfotunately, I fear this would increase the AP trade. People would trade hints in exchange for antipoints. I like the idea, just needs fine tuning is all. I'm going to try out the link, thanks. Oh, and I also think that if tutorials were specifically encouraged that people would try stealing more, and just one more thing. Why the asterisks?

I think this is an excellent idea, but like linuxelite said, I fear it would increase AP trading
    I believe if you could somehow discourage this, it would be a great feature of AO and would bring more traffic to the website and forums.
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Banned
    I think their should just be a Wargame with no Ap's involved in it, just a simple wargame type game like "King of Hill" or "Capture The Flag". Basically, I like the idea, without the AP thing.

Yes i agree that there would be people trading antpoints for tips and such but thats why i suggested buying hints with antipoints so you wouldnt need to trade people points for tips
    and we have seen JP takes no S**t from people abusing the system be it may antipoints or tutorials
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out

Banned
    Well, I think what he meant was that people would be starting more antipoint alliances for tips or whatever or to buy tips. I think that by just having a Wargames thing w/o the antipoints would be a better idea.

well the antipoints thing is just a suggestion i thought it would be good it would give us something else to do with our antipoints

and the antipoints tips would be better than a form for it to becase all you would see is how can i do level1 *spoiler*
    like hackerslab forms and what would be the point of trading people any way because as i suggested you can spend from 2 to 10 points for better hints on that particular level

Banned
    Heh, as much as hackerslab style might be cool ( I think ), I'd prefer general wargames.. Maybe sec33 style

i really do think webbased challenges would be good.Im still playing hackerslab im on level6 and i tried using the board with help on level3 and instantly saw it was people posting spoilers everywhere and the hackerslab hints page where yot type in the password to view the problem never remembers me so i need to create new accounts once in a while

and i thought instead of something like that that buying tips with AP would be good does any 1 else have a suggestion on the tips thing ..or wouold you prefer buying tips

dunno, sounds ok, but it would prolly increase the black hat/skiddie comunity in AO, but it would make more security ppl more aware, of what can happen if u make a default or lax installation, and how easy it is :P

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html