DoS/DDoS tools and techniques description

Thread: DoS/DDoS tools and techniques description

Post DoS/DDoS tools and techniques description

While doing a little research in the DoS/DDoS department,I came across some interesting material.It gives a description of many tools used for attacks in this area,and also a few examples of attacks performed with the tools.It has descriptions of both offensive and defensive tools for DoS/DDoS attacks.Here's the link.

http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/misc/ddos/

It was last updated at the end of July,so it probably doesn't have the most recent tools,but should still be useful in making a few of you aware of some possible weaknesses in your network.Also keep in mind that since this stuff has been out for a while,if you don't protect yourself against these tools you could be putting quite a bit on the line,because the longer something is out the larger the amount of people that have it.

Banned
    Hrmm.. that's odd, I figured a good deal of DoS came from DOS. Like, most people (I thought) used like ping -t (IP) or that ping -v igmp (IP) -l 15000 -t'. If people use tools and bots, isn't that easily(ier) traceable? Anyways, thanks for the site. Oh and IMHO, I don't think there is too much defense for DoS attacks. I can be wrong.

Well yeah thats the point of DDos is to utilize trojans so large numbers of people will contribute to the DoSing without their knowledge.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion