RHCE courses..

Thread: RHCE courses..

RHCE courses..

Hi guys..
    I need your opinion...my oldest brother is 35 years old ..he left his engineering school long a time ago (he's not finished his degree), and now he wanna do RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer courses). And he said .. he is to late to do that courses...cause he already "old enough".

And I think that's very good idea to go back to IT/engineering..cause he like playing with numbers,code,etc...(I remember he is very good on his PASCAL when he is in college). And maybe he can start with his own bussiness(whatever his bussiness is) when he finished his courses.
    So I think he is not to "old" to do that courses (I'm trying to convince him here )..cause I think studying/learning..never look at your age!.
    He think he is to OLD.... what do you think guys..
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Your never too old to get some education. My aunt started college when she was about that age, and she now has her Master's in Social Work or something or another. She even told me about people that were considered senior citizens attending her classes. When I was in college, we had a 68-year-old man taking an introductor computer course whith us. As long as you can still learn, it's not too late. He may be looking at it from a career perspective only, and not a self-improvement perspective. But either way, it's not too late. Talk to him some more. Obviously, there is a desire planted in him somewhere. Don't let him waste his talent. This may be just what he needs to fine-tune himself and his career. I don't know too many people that regret getting a degree...you know what...tell him to look at it this way: he has about another 30 YEARS before he can retire with full benefits! I think we can safely say that that is enough time to reap the benefits of some good old-fashioned education. Keep at 'em!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I am 44 and I am still taking classes. You can never learn enough. You almost have to continue some kind of education just to stay up with things. IMO
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

BTW the RHCE is not an easy test. I have seen sysadmins with years of unix and linux experience fail it the first time around. Not to scare anybody off but it does require a lot of preparation.

Thanks guys for your opinion....that's help me to convince him..to back on the track doing what he likes ... no matter ..how old he is

cheerssssss