File Format Problem

Thread: File Format Problem

File Format Problem

I have 2 files, one which is in correct format and one incorrect. These are the files included in the zip. The incorrect one I have made myself and now I wonder what's wrong with it.

The content of the correct file is a public key in binary format which is generated by the MS Cryptographic Service Provider in Windows 2000.

My incorrect file is extracted from a digital certificate. I'm not sure if it's binary, but anyway that is the intention. Can anyone see what's wrong?

The zip files content are the two files viewed in hex-mode in UltraEdit, eg. pictures.

Please take a look and help me out!
    ---
    proactive

I am not sure what you are asking... what are you trying to accomplish?
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

If you look at the contents of the zip, there are two files. There's something wrong with one of them, eg. the extraction from the certificate did not succeed. I think maybe the content has been cluttered up by a conversions from one MS datatype to another, but I can't be sure. You see, the alorithm for extracting a public key involves a lot of coding and the content of my file has been on a round trip through the Windows API and back again.

My thought was that maybe someone here with a little experience could look at the file and see if it's clutterd or not. But maybe that's impossible?

I found the answer, I had to use another API call. Thanks anyway.
    ---
    proactive