Kevin needs money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin needs money.

Kevin needs money.

In an effort to win back his ham-radio operator's license, Kevin Mitnick is selling the two Laptops he say's he used to hack into companies back in 1995. You can find the whole story on CNET .

Now, would you buy a used computer from this man?

Cheers:
    DjM

I wouldn't be surprised if he "owned them" no matter who they were sold to. I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

He also just published a book - "The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security"
    A great oak is the end result of a nut who stood his ground.

As an investment I guess they are a part of cyber-history and judging on the prices quoted on the website, someone sees some potential in them.

Banned
    Thank you for that article. I'm sure he might make quite a profit off those laptops! Also, I'm going to try to buy his new book when it come's out friday. I wanted to ask this, What other book's has he published in the past? (Titles of them, what their about, etc)

As far as I know, he has only done the one book which is listed in the artical, "The Art of Deception". I may be wrong about this though, you might want to try Google for this.

Cheers:
    DjM

Hmm, it would definately be a collectors item to have. I was just in IRC and Louie posted a link, which to my suprise is one of the laptops mentioned in this thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2057697313

Its an ebay auction, and at the time I posted this, it was up to $15,000 already!
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Originally posted here by Syini666
    Hmm, it would definately be a collectors item to have. I was just in IRC and Louie posted a link, which to my suprise is one of the laptops mentioned in this thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2057697313

Its an ebay auction, and at the time I posted this, it was up to $15,000 already!

Judging from one of the Pictures, a 'collectors item' is about all it would be good for.

Cheers:
    DjM

er0k
    bleh the only thing those computers would be useful for is showcase. if you even wanted to do that. big deal if the guy social engineered some passwd's etc from ppl. there all old and **** now and probably dont have much in em. besides a bunch of hacking tools no doubt that are just out of date and slow.

15 000$ lol

I would give 50$ only to trash it with a baseball bat and send him back pictures of his so magnifcient power...

Every Script Kiddie thinks Kevin Mitnick was the ****, not a lot of companies were security conscious back then... Someone pulling the same hacks nowadays would be the ****... (And would go to jail too)
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]