Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIM Bug

Arrow AIM Bug

Now, I'm pretty sure this is something unpatched because, well, to put it shortly, it works. Don't neg me if its already been discovered and things like that, because I just found something that I feel the public should know about because it can be a real nuisance, and many people will go out of there way to find out whats freezing up their programs.

I was on AIM the other day (not aol) and I was talking to my friend, when I copied and pasted some text I had said with the red colon and I booted him off AOL (He's using AOL version 7.0). I repeated this about twenty times different days to confirm it's existance, and I'm sure its something that hasn't been taken care of.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

So there are no comments on this? I'd really like to know what your theory for this is...

Silentstalker
    Silentstalker@hackers.com

well id like to comment, but im not sure i understand this

"pasted some text I had said with the red colon "
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ok let me elaborate.

HDCsilentstalker : Hey man.

Friend : Hello.

(This is where I copied and pasted)

HDCsilentstalker : : Hey man.

*Friend has signed off

You see what I mean? I pasted the colon automatically implimented by the AIM program along with the text that I copied and pasted. Hope that cleared things up a bit.

Regards,
    Silentstalker

that would be pretty screwed up if this is so! ill check it out monday i dont have aim here. but thanks for the heads up!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah, well all I can tell you is that it certainly worked the first eight hundred times I used.. I mean tested it

Silentstalker

im sorry silentstalker, i dont doubt what you say 1 bit. i expect to find it exactly as you report it monday when i try it for myself. What can i say until i try it for myself.

let me ask you. does this work if you just sent the extra ':', does it have to be C+Pd, maybe picking up unseen chars. does this work from the aol program to AIM or do both party's have to be using AIM?

i tried this out..it isnt working

Lightbulb ahhhh

hmmm seems to me that this post is a bust
    i use AIM and have tried this out a dozen times but nothing happens

i have tried this on dial upers as well as broadband users and nothing
    Life is like a **** sandwich,
    The more bread u have the less **** u have to eat

nope, not working here either