Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Downtime - October 5 - October 6

Thank's god you alright JP....hope everything back to normall

Cheerrsss
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Holy ****, that's creepy. Someone on my campus was electrocuted last night and was killed instantly.

It's so good to hear you're okay, JP. Perhaps something positive will come out of this. Since most of us who work in/near/around data centers tend to forget that we work everyday near sources of high voltage, perhaps you've given the entire AO community a "mortality check" that we won't soon forget! Between your incident and the one here on campus, I know I sure won't!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I was going crazy without my AO and was wandering what had happened! I'm glad to hear that all AO staff is ok and good to go, though
    JP, do you know what the cause of the fire/shortage was?

ZodaneX, you obviously have no clue about security! You say JP knows nothing, yet here you are DoSing the server, which could get your internet service taken away if JP felt like contacting your ISP DoSing is also very illegal in the USA......
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

as much as bad as that sounds u gotta admit its pretty funny (coming from a person who watches jackass religiously) but hey good 2 hear your ok
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Just glad that you are ok JP.
    regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

GOsh!!!!! hope evreybodies all right there!!! jp glad your ok and to other staff in case off emergency pls dont panic coz if you do you'll just go crazy !!!! thank GOD no one's hurt there and all is in right place

Whoa. I was worried for AO because the site AND the irc-server were down for so long time but I had no idea that I should be worried about someones life. Glad that both AO and JP are up again now.

I seem to be having a tremendous hole in my knowledge so I'm quite ashamed to ask but what is an APC, other than Armored Personnel Carrier, and why didn't the backup APC take the first one's job instantly..?
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Anyone who has never seen a battery explode has missed a real experience. JP is lucky as well as anyone else who was around. the explosion was probably due to a charging cycle malfunction but whatever it was, it was definitely a faulty piece of equipment. Problem is, you can't identify a faulty piece like that until it goes uncorked. Just fortunate that everyone still has their eyes, ears, fingers and other parts! Pray it doesn't happen to anyone else.

JP, i am REALLY sorry to hear about this... being electrocuted is no fun... also from experience. its good to hear that you're going to be o.k.

i'm supposed to go to an apc powerstucxture breakfast thing at the end of this month.
    i could, say, take out some kneecaps or something for you... waddaya say?

at the very least, i definately want to ask them how often their products blow up on people and what precautions are they going to take in the future?
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I agree with Tedob1, JP needs to be cloned!

Haven't had the time to hang here for awhile but sure would miss it if AO were gone.

Thank someone/something you're OK, JP!!