Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Snipering

These guys are smart. I mean, they really know how to silence a gun (its probably silenced) and pick up the little shells all over the street. Those precautionary steps are the ones that are giving the feds a hard time..

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

IMO, This guy is a very good shot... I mean you try kiling someone with a deer rifle from about 300yds away

My guess is hes ex-military

From what they are reporting Silent people are hearing the shot... The one this morning a State Trooper was across the street from where the man fell and he heard the shot... And the way it sounds who ever is doing this has left behind the shell casings... Who ever it is is following the Sniper motto "One Shot, One Kill" pretty well... Except for the kid at the school on Wed the "sniper" (I hate using that term for this a55hole) is firing one shot at each person... Fox reported this morning that he has been engaging his targets from about 150 yards out... Which is not really all that far...

It strikes me as strange though that this killer could be operating with an assistant. Most serial killers operate alone. So if the killer is part of a group it is possible that he is part of a home grown plot ie Tim McVeigh.
    You could be right captfb I would go with that angle on "terrorism" faster then a forigen group... I still think it is just two sick SOB's that are getting their kicks out of shooting people... Henry Lee Lucas and Otts Toole worked together for 10 years or more killing all across the south... So it is not unheard of for serial killers to work in pairs... Hopefully the police will catch these guys soon and we will know a bit more about what got them started...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Yet, has it been confirmed that the shots were taken from the ground level, not from the top of a building? That could be instantly seen of the bullet hole and its angle/location. Would make more sense to me, roofs are usually quite empty and undisturbed places...

Zero.. just looking at it from TV it is obviously from ground level. The bullets seem tolook like they enter from a straight line, and also it doesnt seem like there would be anywhere to shoot from unless a close by tree, but they would obviously be caught if they were in a tree because people would see him running away.

The van or truck idea is best.. it would be awkward as hell to shoot from a vehicle, unless a truck with the tailgat down, but still awkward. And the thing they did was drive away with the evidence. Unlike some who would shoot, leave the empty casing and reveal their location these people keep everything with them.
    I also beleive someone ruled out terrorism cause they would kill 6, 000 people rather then 6, well if your leader, Osama, tells you "Hey go around killing people in a vehicle using a sniper rifle and take my son with you to do the job and you will become closer to Allah" you will damn well do it, or he will kill you and send someone else, without ever ebcoming close to Allah....

Just my opinions, but some people like opinions..

Enjoy

Arrow

what the hell is gonna happen to this guy (or guys) when they catch him if they catch him.

I would guess that if and that is a big IF they survive the actual arrest I am thinking that being straped to bed and having a neddle put in the arm is about all they can expect...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

150 Yards == 450 feet == 1 1/2 football fields.... You wanna try to kill someone with a rifle with no scopr from 450 feet?

And @ kosta

He wont get caught... hes smart....

When he does get caught, (and in my opinion its not a matter of if but when) he will probably get the death penelty. Hitmens right, a lethal injection is the most common these days here in the U.S. and it's most probable...

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

I have to admit, he is pretty impressive, having never missed yet he didnt kill all his targets and he still hasn't been caught. I'm not in favor of him but I can't say he isnt talented.

150 yds isn't that far. I live in the West and most of the shots are that range and farther. I still hunt with open sights, although I'm finally admitting to myself that I need glasses now. That front sight won't focus clearly any more.

Still, at least here, 100 to 150 yds are scratch shots. Then again, the East is different and most hunting shots are closer I suspect.