Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Snipering

I think you have a point, somac. I don't think he's shooting necessarily to kill. I think he's just shooting people. If he scores a kill, so much the better (in his eyes), but I'm thinking more and more that he's doing it for the power. He's got a couple of hundred square mile area and millions of people scared. One or two men have millions looking over their shoulders. It's a trip for him and he loves it. Shooting in the back, front, side doesn't matter. He chooses a target at random and takes his shot. Man, woman, or child doesn't matter to him. They're just targets. And, the scary thing is, with no random pattern, he's going to be hard to find unless he makes a major mistake.

I'm hoping he'll get more arrogant than he already is and make that mistake, and the sooner the better.

Just to get back on the Al-Quaida comments. I really do not believe this is an Islamic terrorist, because as stated they would never state themselves as being God because of their high respect for God Himself.

Also, guys these are people who are using weapons such as AK-47, handguns, and gernades. They're building homemade bombs! Please, these people won't get their hands on a highly efficiant sniper-rifle.. and even if they did, they wouldn't prowl through the streets killing people. Remember, they love mass destruction. They smashed into the world trade center to kill thousands, not ten people, but thousands!

In my perspective, if an Al-Quaida member got his hands on a sniper rifle he'd go boom, ****, boom, ****, boom, ****, boom.. reload, boom.. you get the point.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

I agree, silentstalker. If this were Al Quaida, besides the reference to God, there wouldn't be just one shot. They'd spray the whole area and get as many as they could before bugging out. If this character is using a semi auto, he might eventually start trying for multiple kills. The low recoil of the .223 would allow him to line up on a second target pretty quickly, especially if he chooses them ahead of time. Even hearing the shot, most people aren't conditioned to react instantly to the sound.

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    I agree, silentstalker. If this were Al Quaida, besides the reference to God, there wouldn't be just one shot. They'd spray the whole area and get as many as they could before bugging out. If this character is using a semi auto, he might eventually start trying for multiple kills. The low recoil of the .223 would allow him to line up on a second target pretty quickly, especially if he chooses them ahead of time. Even hearing the shot, most people aren't conditioned to react instantly to the sound.
    I'd doubt he/she would do that. It just makes he/she more likely to get caught.

If this character is using a semi auto, he might eventually start trying for multiple kills. The low recoil of the .223 would allow him to line up on a second target pretty quickly, especially if he chooses them ahead of time
    I think we will see a series from one location in the future... Whoever this is has got big brass ones IMO... The last killing there was a cop a few yards away... I think he will eventually feel that he can pop off more than one shot especially if things keep going the way they are... He will have to tell the cops "lthere is nothing you can do to stop me" and that will be his down fall....
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Flash M0nkey
    its completely mental - i heard one report which said they are having problems catching him cause they can't trace where he bought the rifle...apparantly the gun laws state that all companies manufacturing weapons must provide a sample bullet fired from every gun so that other bullets can then be matched with the gun and then traced back to where the weapon was sold but in america it only applies to handguns and as he is using a high velocity rifle they don't have any samples to compare the bullets to - sounds really messed up to me

v_Ln

@Syini
    I dont think these people are being killed at random... They mustve done something, the cops just cant figure it out (or wont reveal it)

@4Midget
    Flying a plane into a building takes no skill... And to answer your question, No, I dont respect them... Although the guy may be living out one of his sick fantasies as god, I still think he is a good shot... And I WILL NOT change my opinion.

@V_Ln
    Hrm, This guy is probably ex-military... I dont think he will be caught.... If he will it will be due to a friend of his ratting him out... He wont give up and the cops wont catch him... He will continue killing until someone he knows realizes that its him

..And I'd have to agree with tty0 that he probably Won't be caught unless he is ratted out. As for ex-miliatary, more than likely he is, otherwise a normal civilian would have probably been caught. I think it was said the guy can hit from around 1 1/2 football yeards and nail them? He must obviously have some good training or someone taught him very well.
    Space For Rent.. =]

He may be ex military. Millions of men and women are. I don't think so, but I've been wrong plenty of times before on many subjects. Hitting at 150 yds, as has been said before, is no big deal. Almost anybody can be taught that in no time, or teach themselves for that matter. Maybe his rifle is scoped. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but a good rule of thumb is 3 inches high at 100 meters will be about zero at 175 to 200 with the .223. How close am I 4midget?

Hrm, 1 cm of movement in any direction from 150 Yds away is about 10 feet when it reaches the target, So he is pretty precise