Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Snipering

i think i needle in the arm is stupid look at all the damage hes doing to the ppl and there famlys and friends i think if they catch him he should die a brutal death on the other hand i have many friends who are praising this guy for his talant
    sniper

about the different weapons thing:

has anybody else thought that the driver/shooter may switch postions some times and that is why they are seeing some with a different weapon?

it would be only logical for whoever was shooting to use a gun they were used to, so if the driver took a few shots he would use whatever he NORMALLY used.

about the terrorist theory:

certianly not Al Queda type...this doesnt fit with what they do really. they either blow stuff up or they gass something. also, they would NEVER leave comments claiming to be "God".

this guy(s) is getting off on the act of taking life itself and thats why he keeps picking (seemingly) random targets, unlike other serial killers who pick targets for clear reasons(sexual desires(bundy), physical atributes(son of sam), what they are doing(zodiac killer), ect.). he's probably got a superiority complex and thats why he flaunted with that card and message(i mean how more full of yourself can you get than saying "I am God"?).

when it comes down to it he's either gonna get killed by bad timing(not likey), caught because of arrogance(also rather unlikely), or he will get away with it(thats my guess).
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

I dont think hes getting off on the act of killing.... I think hes getting off on the fact that he thinks hes god... He controls who lives or dies, to tell you the truth I think he didnt kill those 2 or 3 people on purpose.... And he doesnt have superiority complex, hes taunting the FBI and the police... They wont catch him until he turns himself in or someone he knows does...

I'm interested to see what law enforcement thinks about this. I wouln't be the least bit suprsied if the killers were severely injured or even killed in the process of being apprehended. Its scary how widely the effects of this thing are being felt. I live in a very rural area of Virginia, and there are people even now who wont get gas at any of the stations in town, they go to a very small out of the way place. While its only precaution and common sense really, its sad to see that people have to change their everyday lives to fit around a scenario of fear because of some sickos joy-riding and poping off innocent peope.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I wonder if there is also a discussion about the law and permission for everybody to carry a weapon. Whenever such cases happen in Europe for example, sooner or later there comes the question of hardening the laws. I am totally aware that harder laws can never prevent such psychos from doing their things. But is there actually a discussion about that?

wonder if there is also a discussion about the law and permission for everybody to carry a weapon. Whenever such cases happen in Europe for example, sooner or later there comes the question of hardening the laws. I am totally aware that harder laws can never prevent such psychos from doing their things. But is there actually a discussion about that?
    Actually newbie MD and DC have some of the most draconion gun laws in the US... In DC one can not have any type of firearm within the city limits... MD requires a state issued permit for all types of firearms, if I am not mistaken, and from what I have been told by friends who live there it takes nearly a year to get the permit... VA has concealed carry laws, which I do, that allow residents to carry handguns on their person... Violent crime in states that allow the carrying of weapons by residents is lower then in states that do not... Vermont is a very good example... VT does not require any type of permit to carry and their violent crime rate is the lowest in the country... VA's crime rate went down after the concealed carry law was passed...

I dont think hes getting off on the act of killing.... I think hes getting off on the fact that he thinks hes god... He controls who lives or dies, to tell you the truth I think he didnt kill those 2 or 3 people on purpose.... And he doesnt have superiority complex, hes taunting the FBI and the police... They wont catch him until he turns himself in or someone he knows does...
    I disagree with you tty0... You don't put a round through someones head unless you are trying to kill them... The body shots that were made were made because of the range involved... Whoever this a55hole is he kinda knows what he is doing... The head is a difficult target to hit at ranges in excess of 250 yards... The wood line he shot the kid from was 300 yards or more from the school from what was said on the news.... Same with the woman he shot at Michael's... The shot was from the far side of the parking lot... All the other shots were well within the 100 yard range... He does think he's God and that does give someone a superiority complex he shows his superiority every time he does "taunt" law enforcment... I think that qualifies as a complex...

150 Yards == 450 feet == 1 1/2 football fields.... You wanna try to kill someone with a rifle with no scopr from 450 feet?
    I have engaged man sized targets out to 400 meters with open sights and hit them... All it takes is practice... And if this guy is using an AR-15 or Mini-14 he could have a scope on the weapon... If he does then a 500 yard shot is not out of the question for him...

when it comes down to it he's either gonna get killed by bad timing(not likey), caught because of arrogance(also rather unlikely), or he will get away with it(thats my guess).
    I agree with you on the timing thing... This last shot was taken with a State Trooper less than 50 yards away and even he didn't see anything... I do however disagree about the shooters arrogance getting him caught... Most of the nut jobs who do this crap get caught because of their arrogance... the cops can make a whole bunch of mistakes before they nail this guy... The shooter on the other hand can not afford to make even one... Eventually he will leave behind something that gives him away... he left more of a message then the "Dear Policeman: I am God." thing on the card but the cops haven't released it yet... I wouldn't be supprised if he hasn'tr left other notes as well... As long as he does that he will get caught and it will be because of his arrogance...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

wait a minite what if somebody else starts killing ppl in maryland and the blame it on the sniper? that is the perfect crime there dont you think
    sniper

kosta1234us > first off, perfect crimes do not exist, there is always a flaw in the plan somewhere. Second off, ballistics examinations would show that it was two different guns, granted there are already some ideas that the shooter/driver may each have a gun, the presence of a third set of ballistic markings would tip the police off to a copy-cat.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I know when people say that these acts aren't those of a terrorist, you mean an islamic one... and by that definition I agree, muslims didn't do this. But this person's actions are by definition terrorism. That having been said, I don't believe this guy is ex-military. If he had been, he'd have used a more powerful weapon and stayed farther away so as to reduce the risk of being spotted, and allow more time for a getaway, but according to his aim, he's definitely a hunter, probably deer. This explains the .223 ammo and the headshots, these don't frag as easily and in a deer's head, won't obstuct any recovery of meat (I mean, who wants to spit buckshot out of their venison soup?). he also doesn't always pick up his shell casings, military snipers ALWAYS do, they don't want to be tracked. (am i right, Chuck56?) I am not a trained detective or anything, these are just my opinions.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

I think you're pretty close x acid. He isn't a terrorist in the Islamic sense, but he's practicing a form of terrorism in that he's disrupted a pretty sizeable area.

As far as using a more powerful weapon, there's no need at the ranges he's firing. A .223 is plenty, obviously. As far as I know, and the "rules" might have changed though I can't imagine why, I don't think military snipers will take the time to pick up their brass. In Vietnam Army snipers used an accurized M-14, and it spit the casings a couple of feet. I'd ask 4midget about picking up cases. I doubt the emtpy case is a priority in a combat sniping situation.

I don't think this guy is ex military. He's a pscho who is revelling in the attention he's getting. And, I think he likes to kill. It gives him a feeling of power, thus the "I am God" note.