Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snipering

Unhappy Snipering

Maryland. A sniper is randomly killing civilians as they go about doing their everyday chores.

How would you feel if when you bent over to put something in that 95 Civic of yours, someone shot you in the back? Well, it happened to one lady.

Now, five or six victims have been shot.

I feel whoever could live with doing this is a real nutcase. State your opinions if you've heard the full story

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Thats one of the more screwed up things I've heard lately. I'm a little unsure as to wether "sniper" is a good term to use though. Is the shooter making shots that look like they have had training, or is he/she just poping people? Are the shots center-body-mass or head-shots, or just where ever kinda shots? I've always thought that it took a rather off and somewhat messed up kind of individual to be a sniper in the military, but to do something like this really shows how sick people can be.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

it seems the sniper is now in virginia.

whoever is doing the shooting is a marksman. all the shots were fired from a great distance.

why did you pick the term "civilians"?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Because they're innocent people.. I dunno I just like that word

Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

cool! i was wondering if you thought it was a taliban shooter, hence the term.

could be a lot of thnigs. like x-mil or swat whose concience ate his mind out.

these been a few cases of mil personal comming back from afgan. and shooting people. 4 murdered their wives. thier were many cases like this after viet nam.

if he shot me, id have to hunt him down.

Syini666 the term sniper applies here. hes been dropping them with 1 shot each from a distance, i think they were all heart shots.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The sniper term can apply...but I doubt in the world of "Snipers" they would agree so. He hit a lady in the lower back with a .223 round. Snipers do not use .223 caliber bullets. .308 to .300 win mag is the preferred caliber of snipers...even .50 caliber can be used. The reason being...is that they can carry over longer distances with the same accuracy...the guy is using a .223 so he is probably shooting from about 100 yds...maybe 200 yds.

He would probably be considered a shooter...before he is considered a sniper...as snipers have a higher skill level than this guy.

All in all...pretty disturbing... kind of strange that he has gotten away so easily...as rifles aren't the easiest to hide.

Unhappy

I live in Northern Virginia and work about 5 minutes from the area where the five people were killed. These are definatly sniper attacks as it has been stated by the police that the shooter is hitting his targets from 200-300 yards. Apparently there are 2 people involved, a shooter and a driver. They park, shoot, and get the heck out of there. I surely hope these people are caught quickly because I am definatly looking over my shoulder a lot more these days.

Yeah. The prevailing theory is that it is done from the inside of a van or covered pickup, and they just drive off with the evidence (shell casings, etc.)

Pretty damn scary, from a random-victim point of view.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

The odds

What are the odds that two ppl could have the same sick opinion of sniping ppl. Usually crimes involving cars are easy to solve...since it would be kind of obvious if you heard a loud bang and saw a car pull away.

Any implications to this being terror related?

tommyboy2034 > you cant rule terror out, but I seriously doubt it. By now america is used to people being shot randomly, so I don't think terrorist would go this route, simply because it wouldnt be as effective as the hijackings were. Its probably just some whacked out people riding around poping innnocent for their own sick kicks.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0