Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Snipering

Sniper

kosta, I think they already announced that they are going after the death penalty when/if they catch 'em. There was another shooting about 2 hours ago in Falls Church, VA. They have not yet announced whether or not they feel it is related. A woman was apparently loading something into the back of her vehicle when she was shot outside of Home Depot. There was a cream-colored Astro Van reported leaving the area, and now they are blocking off roads in efforts to eliminate possibilities. There aren't many details as they just made an announcement, and it's still pretty fresh. I hope they catch this bastard. Here is link to the story .
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Hrm, Supposedly the found a truck thay may be the snipers (the one he was using in the shootings)

Banned
    Yes, they found a white van w/the 2 suspects...

http://disk919.com/sig/white%20van.jpg

but i still think it's MissCleo.

They came out this afternoon and said that there was no conection between the shootings and either the van they "found" or the guy they arrested in Baltimore... He/they are still out there and I get the feeling there will be more people killed before they even get close to them...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

The cops have their guns up their asses and there not doing anything at all!

They think the guy may be using an AK-74 from what witnesses at the last shooting said... NBC and FOX both reported that the police aren't saying very much "officially" but "sources" said they may have caught the guy on video tape in the parking garage... they may be closer then they are letting on tty0... The media have a way of totally screwing things up... I am sure that this guy watches the news just like everyone else after he makes his kill... THat is part of what gets him off IMO... If the police tell the media everything they know then Mr. Killer knows everything too and can change the way he works to keep them guessing... The one thing the cops have going for them is that this guy is still doing things the same way...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

A strange development...

(AP) - Authorities called in the military Tuesday to help solve the 2-week-old sniper case that has left nine people dead and terrorized the capital area. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld agreed Tuesday evening to the FBI's request to use military surveillance aircraft in the hunt for the killer, said Lt. Cmdr. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman. The plan calls for having military pilots fly reconnaissance flights accompanied by federal agents.
    Entire story here.

I fail to understand how involving the military is gonna help. I mean doesn't the FBI have their UAVs???If they dont, then they should!!! This sets a very bad precedent......
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I agree with you that violating Posse Comotatas (SP) is indeed a very bad idea... But federal law enforcement has been doing it for years...They got military aircraft and vehicles for Waco by saying they were brewing up crystal meth and using assets from JTF6... A group made up of Spec Ops and Delta operators that supply training and assets to law enforcement as long as drugs are involved... I don't see how they are going to get around the law this time... Comming soon the federalization of local police departments.... Lets hope not...

I can see how it will help though... The Predator UAV can stay up for 24 hours without refueling and with the sensor package they have they can "see" the shot and follow the shooter and bring police in on the guy...

I can understand them bringing in as many assets as they can to try to get these characters. Considering that roughly 8 or 9 million people are basically living in fear, they gotta use everything they can. I suggest that if this guy was hitting around, say Hastings Nebraska, you wouldn't see the same reaction by law enforcement.

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    I can understand them bringing in as many assets as they can to try to get these characters. Considering that roughly 8 or 9 million people are basically living in fear, they gotta use everything they can.
    I would tend to dissagree with that...I dont want the military as my police force, do you?

I suggest that if this guy was hitting around, say Hastings Nebraska, you wouldn't see the same reaction by law enforcement.
    Thats true, you wouldn't be seeing the same reaction. Do you know why? Simply because politicians dont live in Nebraska(well, not the big-name ones).
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.